PDA

View Full Version : Anhinga Turning Right

Amy Marques
07-24-2009, 01:00 PM
Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM on Canon 40D
1/1000 sec @ f/5.6, ISO 400
Speedlite, Better Beamer

This bird was pretty far away so I must leave a large crop. I really like that huge, angled tail- my decision for not hitting the delete button. I'd love to read opinions on this one! Is it a keeper or is it too small in the frame? Thanks.

Randy Stout
07-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Amy:

It is a great tail display, nice background, but I am afraid a combination of large crop and maybe a bit of focusing issues has reduced the IQ enough that I wouldn't keep it, unless there was some particular emotional attachment to it.

Just my .02

Randy

Desmond Chan
07-24-2009, 02:46 PM
I agree with Randy. It appears to be out of focus and the dark shadows are too much for my liking. Like the background though. Still, your call re deleting or not.

Amy Marques
07-24-2009, 04:29 PM
Thanks. The delete button it is, and maybe a pair of reading glasses! :confused:

Ramon M. Casares
07-24-2009, 06:53 PM
The tail position made it for me, although on my mnitor it looks a soft. If it is a full frame I then like the comp and if you could sharpen it more it would be a keeper, but if it is not really sharp or is a large crop then I wouldn't keep it, although maybe I would just because of that wonderfull tail position :D
Congratulatons!