PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Summertime - leisurely on the beach!

Indranil Sircar
07-24-2009, 12:21 AM
I guess i am yearning to get to a beach!!! This one is from Oahu... used DAP, blended with the original and used a mask to expose the water and part of the sky. Hope you like it. C&C will be appreciated.

~ Indranil

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-24-2009, 12:41 AM
Indy
this is awesome buddy! Stunning result with your careful preparation.

Julie Kenward
07-24-2009, 01:53 AM
Indranil, this is beautiful - very peaceful tones and colors! I do wish the left tree weren't cut off down the middle and might consider cropping a bit off the right side. The DAP effect couldn't be better, though. It's lovely.

Mark Fuge
07-24-2009, 08:06 AM
Nice image. I thought it looked familiar. In fact I have one very similar that I was going to post yesterday before the site crash. I will hold it as it is too similar to yours. But agree, Hawaii and the beach are summer 12 months a year! ;) My favorite corner of the world, as least as I've experienced it so far in life. ;) :D

No major issues with the image, I would however maybe remove (clone out) the partial tree trunk in the lower left corner. Understand the closeness of the trees prevents major cropping, due to overlap of branches.

Dan Brown
07-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Beautiful Indranil! Impressionistic! I agree with Mark re: removing the partial trunk on the left edge. Great work!

Dave Mills
07-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi Indranil, As stated nice impressionistic feel to the image. The person in the chair adds alot to the image giving it a sense of scale. I would also clone out the tiny piece of tree trunk on the left and the small blob on the horizon to the right of the right hand tree. Nice image!

Harold Davis
07-24-2009, 11:16 AM
if you hadnt said it was hawaii, i would have sworn it was biscayne blvd in miami. looks exactly the same!! a very familar site and one i like a lot. nice job with the conversion. looks perfect!!

Cindy Cone
07-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Very nice effect, Indnaril. I agree with Mark about the little bit of cloning.

Fabs Forns
07-24-2009, 05:24 PM
I guess a peaceful beach looks like a peaceful anywhere :)
It looks like South FLorida too, well done :)

Cheryl Slechta
07-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Indranil - beautiful image. Great job with DAP:)

_________
Cheryl

Dave Phillips
07-24-2009, 08:07 PM
love the combined effects....nice tropical hues.
Maybe the foreground should be equally blurry as the trees?

denise ippolito
07-24-2009, 08:15 PM
Indranil, I love the treatment on the trees esp. The image is beautiful and I really love it!!Well done.

Indranil Sircar
07-24-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks for all the kind words...

Here is a repost with the cloned out tree section and the blob on the right...

Randy Smith
08-12-2009, 04:11 PM
I am wondering what "DAP" is (filter?, App?), Glue manufacturing is what comes to mind. I think I have narrowed it down to an application acronym but my google results turn up one person using it but with no name. Thanks from dummies like me.

denise ippolito
08-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Hi Randy, DAP stands for Dynamic Auto Painter. It's a program that allows you to change your photos into paintings by famous artists. They offer a free trial and it is worth a try. It is a stand alone program.

Randy Smith
08-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Thank You Much
looks like a program to annoy the Art World, I'll check it out. Nice application of it in this image.