PDA

View Full Version : Glowing Hot

Desmond Chan
07-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Not sure what to do with this shot and so...messed it up a bit :D

Original was shot with Fujifilm S5 with Nikon macro 105 f2.8 VR hand-held.

Any chance that it could work ? :o

C&C welcome and appreciated !!

Dave Mills
07-23-2009, 12:13 AM
Hi Desmond, The color and lighting in the image is very nice but the image is very busy and my eye has no real center of interest to rest on.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-23-2009, 07:54 PM
To me if you did some creative smudging perhaps it would look like fire burning outta control! Cool idea Desmond. :)

denise ippolito
07-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Desmond, The colors are fantastic-does look like a fire!! Cool look!!

Mark Fuge
07-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Desmond, The image as noted does not have a strong subject. I tired cropping it, but it is also not focused. If it had a sharp forcus you could crop to that. Given the comments and the image, the alternative I would go with is OOTB abstract.

I have provided one, very quick, alternative suggestion for your viewing. Basically, the image was adjusted in contrast and brightness slightly to highlight the finer details. I then used Dry Brush and Poster Edge to adjust the image. Other alternatives would work depending on your vision.

Don't know your feelings on the attached, but it is a suggestion for one direction to take it.

I like your vision with the colors and lighting, but without the strong subject or focus, like the others indicated, I don't think you found it yet. Keep trying that is the best way to grow. Experiment with your image and see if you can get it to develop into your vision.

Good Luck ;)

Desmond Chan
07-23-2009, 11:23 PM
Thank you for the suggestions and comments everyone !! Thank you Mark for the repost, too !

If you can see the fire, I consider my mission accomplished :)

Dave Phillips
07-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Like the basic look....here's another option, a real flamed look

Indranil Sircar
07-23-2009, 11:42 PM
The color is fantastic. Dave's repost is very good.

Desmond Chan
07-23-2009, 11:55 PM
Good repost, Dave. Thanks !!

Julie Kenward
07-24-2009, 01:50 AM
Great repost, Dave! I'd also crop just a bit off the bottom in both cases to get rid of the darker area at the bottom. Neat idea for flames...it certainly does look like a pile of glowing embers!

Harold Davis
07-24-2009, 11:23 AM
i really like dave's repost. it's the three repeating oof lines along the bottom that bothers me most. you did great conveying fire. looks just like it.

Fabs Forns
07-24-2009, 05:27 PM
I like both reposts, just adding a little makes a big difference.