PDA

View Full Version : White

Ilija Dukovski
07-22-2009, 06:07 PM
I know I've got major shadow here, but hey, this is my first flight post.

CC appreciated.

Nikon D80 Nikkor 300mm +TC1.4 f/5.6 1/1600 Matrix AP +2/3 ISO400

Amy Marques
07-22-2009, 06:12 PM
If you're like me, you'll find flight shots addicting! I just started myself. Other than the shadow problem , I think you did okay. I would place the egret higher in the frame and exclude the bg when sharpened as not to create any halos as you have here.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-22-2009, 06:16 PM
I don't care about the shadow Ilija that much to be honest; yes light angle could be better, but you have great light on the face. I think this is still beautiful and lately has been the most impressive bird I have seen you post. :) Almost great HA, and it is sharp! THough a touch more would be good to enhance the overall sharpness IMHO. NOt so sure about the crop, I would like a bit more below and less above. It is rather subjective though.
Thanks for sharing. Keep goin'! :)

Brian Barcelos
07-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Good job overall, I find shadows hardest always on white specimens. I seen a group of these, great and glossy ibis today and could never get close enough, very frustrating. I agree with the other critiques.

Brian

James Salywoda
07-22-2009, 08:05 PM
I agree with Amy as the Egret would look much better higher in the frame.. still a nice shot..

Ramon M. Casares
07-22-2009, 10:37 PM
I agree that the shadow is not idea, but light, except its angle, was nice and exppsure looks very good. WHt I would work on is composition, I would have located the bird upper in the frame.
Congratulations!

Ilija Dukovski
07-24-2009, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the comments, I'm not sure about positioning it mid in the vertical, the bird is too
straight horizontal for that, but bit higher I agree.

Thanks again.

Ilija Dukovski
07-24-2009, 08:25 AM
exclude the bg when sharpened as not to create any halos as you have here.

Thanks Amy, now I see a bit of halo. This is a problem since sharpening means adding contrast to the edges, if I exclude the
bird edge I cannot sharpen it! Not sure what's the solution here:confused:

Thanks again.

Ilija Dukovski
07-24-2009, 08:26 AM
I think this is still beautiful and lately has been the most impressive bird I have seen you post. :)

Thanks, I like that:D