07-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Sterling

In my color absent dreams
The sterling peacock bellows;
Molted, worn, broken, torn
Its beauty never mellows.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Lovely poem, perfect rhyme, so simple and yet to the point. Great image too Amy. Thanks for sharing.

Dave Mills
07-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Amy, Love the image. IMO the lighting, sharpness and placement of the subject are very well handled. I like the poem which works with the image beautifully.

Julie Kenward
07-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Amy, Amy, Amy...a big welcome to this forum! What a stunning entry! I'm a big fan of black and white and you outdid yourself on this one. Perfect conversion and really wonderful words to go with it. Bravo!

Amy Marques
07-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Well, thank you everyone! I appreciate your kind words and your warm welcome. I have not written a poem since secondary school- way back when! Glad you like it- as petite as it is.

I certainly didn't know how well a b&w peacock feather would go over with everyone. Adding the poem made me feel "safe" in posting it. ;)

denise ippolito
07-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Amy, Beautifully done. I love the poem and the image!!

Lance Warley
07-22-2009, 08:40 AM
WOW WOW WOW!!!

Taking a super-colorful thing and rendering it in b&w...that's brilliant to begin with.

And then the words make it even better.

Double ditto on what Julie said. I hope you post more in here.

Amy Marques
07-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks, Lance. I can't take the credit for coming up with the idea of converting to b&w. My husband suggested it and I'm so glad he did!