PDA

View Full Version : Make Love, not War

Fabs Forns
07-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Dragonflies, I think Blue Dashers, doing what dflies do sometimes. Fruit and Spice Park

Model: NIKON D300
Lens (mm): 250
ISO: 640
Aperture: 8
Shutter: 1/640
Exp. Comp.: +0.3

Michael Pancier
07-21-2009, 08:32 PM
this is so cool. Never seen this before. I've never gone to that park; is it better than Fairchild?

Julie Kenward
07-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Yup, that's what they're doing alright! I always think it looks like they are filling up each other's gas tanks! (I know...I'm weird!)

Very cool image - lots of great action going on and perfect focus. You did this one all in one image? Excellent!

Fabs Forns
07-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Mike, Fruit and Spice is a very big place, but we only work a little place. Lots of bugs. Fairchild doesn't have as many bugs in our experience.

Jules, one image.

Thanks!

Steve Maxson
07-21-2009, 09:47 PM
A very nice capture of this mating behavior, Fabs. Good sharpness, DOF, and background. Sounds like you and Alfred have a great spot for insect photography. Also, these are damselflies rather than dragonflies. :) :) There are a number of species that are blue like this and they can be difficult to tell apart - something I have yet to learn.

Desmond Chan
07-21-2009, 10:19 PM
I wonder who is filling whose gas tank...can't tell from the picture. Guess Julie is right then :D

Very sharp and clear image. The two damselflies together .form a shape that looks like the letter B flipped on the wrong side. :)

Dave Mills
07-21-2009, 10:50 PM
Superb image in all respects Fabs!

Markus Jais
07-22-2009, 01:24 AM
Wonderful shot. Great sharpness and detail and a wonderful BG. The square works perfect here.

Markus

Ramesh Adkoli
07-22-2009, 07:55 AM
Excellent capture, Fabs. Great timing, composition, sharpness and colors. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Fabs Forns
07-22-2009, 10:41 AM
A very nice capture of this mating behavior, Fabs. Good sharpness, DOF, and background. Sounds like you and Alfred have a great spot for insect photography. Also, these are damselflies rather than dragonflies. :) :) There are a number of species that are blue like this and they can be difficult to tell apart - something I have yet to learn.

You are so right!! And I knew this when I saw them, bid difference in size :o:o

Mental block last night , thanks for the clarification, Steve :)

Richard Lovison
07-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Very unique capture Fabs. Well done. My only wish is that there was a bit more space at the top for composition purposes.