PDA

View Full Version : Red Zinnia

Mirenchu Fernandez
07-21-2009, 02:56 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2636/3743919004_4061fbf7b5_b.jpg

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions!
Nikon D90; 5.0 sec; AP; f/20; ISO 200.

Lance Peters
07-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Hi Mirenchu - Our resident flower genisus is on Holidays (I think) - Like how you have placed teh centre of the flower in the upper left hand corner - the reds and yellows work well together. The Left hand bottom corner is a little darker than the rest of your beauty, might consider some S/H there - just a tad.

For my tastes - its a little busy, Less is more sometimes - Just my tastes!!!!
Good show :)

carole wiley
07-21-2009, 07:12 PM
I like the colors and textures you have here. I think I would try a tighter crop to bring attention to the yellow and oranges, which are so nicely in focus. I find the green corner distracting.

Jeff Cashdollar
07-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Very colorful, the crop does not suit me but having no experience with photographing flowers, I could be "out to lunch".

Cutting off the top leaves me feeling the picture was not composed properly. Your work is stunning, I just need to better understand why you choose certain composition structures, that might add clarity to your art. For example, in bird photography I might say, the image was taken in the air to show the beauty and fluid motion of flight.

I realize this is not bird photography, just giving my 2 cents - nice work.

Alfred Forns
07-22-2009, 10:48 AM
I Mirenchu

Tough choice regarding dof ! Would be interesting seeing what it looks like the other way wide open I'm just having trouble withe the two sharp areas and being a little darker Do like the composition and vibrant colors !!!

Richard Waas
07-22-2009, 07:53 PM
I agree with Al on the DOF. My eye tends to wander. Very tough image to get just right. I love the colors. Maybe a good candidate for Helicon Focus where you can merge several images to create greater DOF. Good job!! Congrats.....

Jeff Cashdollar
08-02-2009, 12:18 AM
Very colorful and i agree with Al/s comments - well dome.