PDA

View Full Version : Windmill

Dave Mills
07-21-2009, 09:34 AM
While driving around the backroads I stumbled across this windmill. Strongly advise having a GPS over there if your planning to explore. Wanted to give this a painterly look so I used an adjusted Topaz simplify filter.
Nikon D300, 17-85mm, 1/500, F16,0 comp,polarizer, tripod mtd

denise ippolito
07-21-2009, 09:43 AM
Dave, That's a beautiful windmill and a nice applied filter. The FG flowers are lovely. Has a nice "Old World" charm!!

Dave Phillips
07-21-2009, 02:31 PM
nice image Dave....I think the larger version shows off the "effect" much better.

Might be a bit tight/central in frame

Jay Gould
07-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Agree with Dave Phillips; it is lovely and I really like the red doors They work well with the pink foreground flowers - a bit too central for me.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-21-2009, 04:04 PM
I like it Dave. Lots. the FG pink flowers are perfectly balancing the image for me. I love how the roof is held by the pole. One of my birding friends would kill to see this, she is really into windmills much to her husband's delight. :D

thanks for sharing. the effect is subtle, yet superb!

Dave Mills
07-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Dave,Jay..thanks for the comments and your right about it being a wee tight in the frame. I would normally give them more room but I had a weird problem with my wide angle lense on the trip. When I opened the lense up to it's widest focal length I was getting a fog effect in the lower right hand corner of the image. I never had this problem before or know of anyone who did. No excuse, but there were times I had to compensate for it...
The lense is going back to Nikon this week....

Julie Kenward
07-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Great job on the comp, Dave. If your original image is that well composed, you really can't lose! I love the way you simplified it - it really feels like you're standing in Holland!

WIlliam Maroldo
07-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Dave, you definitely have an eye for composition, and your recent subjects certainly show this! Well done again!. regards~Bill