PDA

View Full Version : How to help Oystercatcher rescue

Grace Scalzo
07-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Such wonderful, generous people on this site! Many of whom have asked how to help out the oystercatcher who I've been writing about all week. With James' permission, I am giving you this address, should you wish to send a donation. Please note that the rehabbers (Bobby and Kathy) were quick to point out that the costs of helping out this individual were not that much. (Antibiotics, painkillers, a small operation). They do have other creatures tho, mainly raptors, that require alot of food, housing, meds, etc. They are a husband and wife team, both otherwise employed, who do this out of passion for the birds and animals that they work with.

If you send a check, maybe put "BPN" in the memo, so that they know how you heard about them.

Again, my most sincere thanks to all for your expressions of caring.

WINORR (Wildlife in Need of Rescue and Rehabilitation)
202 N. Wyoming Ave.
N. Massapequa, NY 11758

denise ippolito
07-21-2009, 09:22 AM
Grace, Thankyou for providing this info. You have been so good to provide us all with the updates. Great effort by all!!!

carole wiley
07-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Thanks Grace, will drop a check in the mail.

Marina Scarr
07-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Hi Grace:

Thank you for providing the info. Check was just sent.

I was out in Tampa Bay last week and saw a juvenile OC with a broken leg. He could fly just fine but hopped around on one leg. I felt so badly b/c there was no recourse. I am so happy something could be done about your OC.

Marina

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-21-2009, 06:30 PM
I'll check if they have PayPal or CC option to donate and I will do so. :) Love helping wildlife.

Jackie Schuknecht
07-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Cheque sent today, thanks Grace:)