PDA

View Full Version : Orange, white and green

Desmond Chan
07-20-2009, 10:41 PM
D300 105 f2.8 VR on tripod. Manual exposure mode with incident light meter; no flash. ISO 200 f5.6 1/125s.

Somehow it seems to me difficult to find a perfect flower outdoor :o

C&C welcome and appreciated !

Thank you for looking !

Ramesh Adkoli
07-21-2009, 06:25 AM
Nice details and the colors, Desmond. it would have been more powerful if the flower had been offcenter. Also, aligning the camera to the flower plan would have rendered the lower part of the flower equally sharp. You might want to try an extreme closeup of the flower with the center placed at ROTs.

regards,
ramesh

Julie Kenward
07-21-2009, 07:23 AM
Very pretty, Desmond. I agree that the flower is a bit centered but with the OOF flower in the LLC I think you could trim some from the right side and a tiny bit off the top, putting your focused flower in the URC and balancing the composition that way!

Mike Moats
07-21-2009, 07:50 AM
Hey Desmond, I have to agree with the other on the center comp. With this great looking flower I think you have some great comps shooting in really tight on all the great textures of the flowers interior.

Dave Mills
07-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Desmond, Agree with others on the centering and moving in closer. Something to consider is backrounds. An image will tend to be much stronger if the backrounds aren't competing with the center of interest. In this case their is alot of that going on....

Fabs Forns
07-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Hi Desmond, what a happy picture this is! I agree on taking the main subject off center, and took the liberty of trying an alternate crop, hope you like it!

Desmond Chan
07-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Thank you everyone for the comments and suggestions ! Really appreciate them. Fab's repost looks good to me, too ! I've shown this to other people and some of them also found this a happy picture. I didn't know that could be possible. :)

Anita Bower
07-25-2009, 06:53 AM
Lovely colors. You received great advice above, not much I can add. Great flower to photograph.