PDA

View Full Version : Old tree...

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-20-2009, 10:38 PM
A couple of weeks ago I was given a challenge (well, I offered to someone) that I should be given a subject and I will write a poem about that within half an hour. Due to time difference etc, I got the e-mail with 5 minutes to go and came up with this about AN OLD TREE.

No corrections, just ad libbed as is and can be verified. :)

I have a different version of this image, but forgot to e-mail to work, so I will replace tonight at home.

Oh old tree, old tree
Tell me the things that you have seen
Tell me the beauty you've once been
Tell me the birds you allowed to preen
On those branches, now unseen

Oh old tree, old tree
See the light shine through your leaves
The petals of the flowers in fields
The singing birds over the hills
The gales blowing, the cold that kills

Oh old tree, old tree
Tell me, can you feel my heart
Tell me, can you feel my soul
Tell me, can you feel my sorrow
I will come again tomorrow

Oh old tree, old tree
See the bark peeling from you
See those old cuts through and through
For years of beings allover you
I still like what I see in you

Oh old tree, old tree
Your wisdoms speaks the clearest words
The clearest thoughts I've ever heard
The sweetest music I could sense
I wish you were here 'till time ends

Oh old tree, old tree
My thoughts will always be of you
My love will grow as I grow old
Myself, I am a peeling bark
Thanks you for the tales you told

denise ippolito
07-20-2009, 10:48 PM
Akos, One of your best!! I really like the feel to this one!!Well done.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Thank you Denise for the kind words. I love trees and we have some stunners in Oz. :) Where I go hiking in the Blue Mountains, some eucalypts tower over 150-200 feet high! By the way, this tree is used by White-bellied Sea Eagles as a daytime roost. I spent five hours in a hide there this day and got to see on adult for a few minutes before a huge storm hit from the Blue Mountains (on the horizon) - see the cloud build up? That was to hit us an hour later with 40-mile winds.

Lance Warley
07-21-2009, 06:12 AM
This is amazing, given the circumstances. Most people take at least a couple of days to write a poem. And it doesn't feel rushed at all. Actually, it feels serene, very peaceful.

Great job, Akos.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-21-2009, 06:18 AM
Lance, thank you. I appreciate your kind comments. :) I have this thing where I can rattle out stuff in a short while when I am inspired. at times otherwise, I lay dormant like a volcano. I don't know what it is. I simply thrive on this. My passions know no bounds Sir. :)

denise ippolito
07-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Akos, I like the effect you applied to the tree! Nicely done.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Thanks for looking at the image I originally wanted to post Denise. Appreciate your support.

Dave Mills
07-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Nice one Akos! Good to take the time and notice what is all around us and attach a meaning or a story to it.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Thanks for looking Dave. You nailed it spot on. Everything around us is worth a look and appreciation.