PDA

View Full Version : Tangled oystercatcher- Monday update-good news

Grace Scalzo
07-20-2009, 10:05 PM
The details will follow tomorrow, (I'm wiped out!) but some wonderful news. After being caught yesterday and spending the night at the rehabbers' (antibiotics, pain med, minor surgery to remove a toe), the bird was released this pm and reunited with its parents. This image is of his (or her) first tentative steps upon exiting the crate. Parents welcomed him back, we observed him all evening that concluded with the feeding at ocean's edge.

Thank you all for your caring concern.

denise ippolito
07-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Tears of joy are rolling down my face. Great job Grace!!You are an angel here on Earth!!!! Did they say he would have a full recovery or will his foot be limp? Do they know? So many have offered to help out with the expenses please let us know what to do.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-20-2009, 10:15 PM
GOod news, but certainly interesting to be released immediately. Depending on each case of course, rarely would we release a bird, especially a juvenile (as it can fit in later) without some due observation in captivity for a day or two to ensure it is capable of fending for itself. Not a criticism, just an observation. Like I said, depends on their policies and so. :)

Hope it survives.

Axel Hildebrandt
07-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Great news and I'm glad the little guy only lost a toe. I hope the parents are going to catch plenty of mussels for a speedy recovery. I hope to see them again soon.

Fabs Forns
07-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Such great news!!!
I have to praise all of you who went through some trouble to help a suffering bird.

Thank you!!!!!

carole wiley
07-21-2009, 06:50 AM
Brava! Well done Grace.

Julie Kenward
07-21-2009, 07:21 AM
Wonderful work, Grace. What a joyfilled day you must have had seeing the end result!

Markus Jais
07-21-2009, 08:24 AM
Wonderful news.
Thanks to all who helped save the bird.

Markus

LouBuonomo
07-21-2009, 08:39 AM
Great team work to save this little guy. I'm amazed and thankful he only lost a toe ! Looking forward to watching him grow.

Your 2 for 2..

Jackie Schuknecht
07-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Good news Grace you must be wiped outform all the stress. Picture says it all mission accomplished. Glad he didn't lose a foot. Will be sending a cheque! Thanks for all your trouble.

Christopher Miller
07-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Wonderful news, Grace! Well done to you and everyone else who helped this bird.