PDA

View Full Version : Back from France...saw Monty Python

Dave Mills
07-20-2009, 10:32 AM
After having a marvellous 24 days in France touring Brittany,Normandy and Provence I'm now paying the price for my gastronomical excesses. Have a good case of the gout and am hobbling my way around.
This was taken in a town called Fourgieres(sp?) where they happened to have some reenactors moving about the village. These fellows were happy to pose and reminded me of Monty Python...

denise ippolito
07-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Dave, So happy you're back!!! Your presence has been missed. Glad to hear you had a great time and look forward to your images!!!

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-20-2009, 04:44 PM
They look great Dave. I loved Paris, though haven't seen anywhere else in France. What wonderful place though.

Dave Mills
07-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks Akos, This trip I didn't make it to Paris but have been there for a few days on previous trips. The interesting thing about France is it's a relatively small country with each border being influenced by a different country(both food and architecture) We go every 2 years and I'm already thinking about my next trip. Maybe the Alsace region and on into Belgium...

Alfred Forns
07-20-2009, 05:19 PM
... they look like the real thing :) Must have been fun Dave !!!

Jackie Schuknecht
07-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Welcome back Dave, sounds like you had a great time!

Dave Mills
07-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks Jackie, I had a wonderful time between the scenics, wine,food and people. Luckily I had pretty good weather also. Had a lense issue so I had to compensate for the problem...

Jackie Schuknecht
07-21-2009, 06:30 PM
What was the lens issue, nothing too terrible I hope. Too much good food and wine over there? Hope you feel better soon!

Dave Mills
07-21-2009, 07:57 PM
I was using a Nikon 17-85 VR and I noticed that when the lense was at it's widest focal length that either the lower or upper right corner of the image would be foggy. Never saw or heard of this before so quite frankly I was at a loss. I had to work around it and not open the lense up all the way which was a pain especially when your shooting scenics and architecture. I went to the Dr yesterday and got some meds. The foot is starting to come around. Thanks for asking...

Michael Pancier
07-24-2009, 08:49 PM
what is your favorite colour?

Gus Cobos
07-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Love it Dave,
It looks like you had a blast...:cool: