PDA

View Full Version : Gulls

Ron Horn
02-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Image information: 1/1600 at f/8, ISO 400, 300mm f/2.8 IS with 2x extender, no flash, no exposure compensation, uncropped.

Fabs Forns
02-06-2008, 11:43 AM
An emotional moment.
I lifted the curve a little bit since it seemed a bit under exposed, selectively sharpen the eyes in PhotKit sharpener and added a much needed catch light to both.
Hope you like it!

Arthur Morris
02-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Welcome Ron. Where are you from? Where was the image made? Are they Mew GUlls? Good job by Fabs. I would get rid of the two black spots on the white plumage behind the bill of the bird in the front.

One important note for all: when you are correctly exposed for the whites, the middle-tones and esp. the darks are well under-exposed. With an image like this creating a QM of the yellow iris and lightening it would create a much more accurate (and pleasing) image.

later and love, artie

Ron Horn
02-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Art,
I'm from Haines, Alaska (I was with you last November at the Bald Eagle Festival.) These are mew gulls and I took the image along Kluane Lake in the Yukon about 40 west of Haines Junction. Thanks for your comments. Ron

Arthur Morris
02-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Jeez! Talk about senility. I kept thinking, "That name sounds familiar." It is great to see you hear. I shall not forget your name again. And thanks again for all of your Haines' help. As soon as I am done here I need to bill those nice foks for my expenses!

later and love, artie

Blake Shadle
02-06-2008, 03:44 PM
As a friend of mine might say, "Avant-Garde!" I like what Fabs has done with this image. A little more seperation between the rear gull's beak and the fore gull's wing would be nice.