PDA

View Full Version : Wildflower

Grace Scalzo
07-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Well, since it "ain't just birds", here's a flower. It was in a meadow of profusely blooming wildflowers.
Stepping out of my comfort zone (birds) to try something new.
All help greatly appreciated.

ISO200, f4, 1/400
Canon 50D + 500 f4 + tripod Incident metered

Steve Maxson
07-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Looks to me like you're pretty comfortable in this zone, Grace. :) I really like the one flower looking us in the face with the OOF wash of yellow and purple below. Very nice closeup sharpness with a "bird" lens. There are a few imperfections in the petals that you could easily fix up, if you wished. Well done.

Fabs Forns
07-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Love the composition and the use of OOF elements to add to the compo. Very artistic with great colors.

Alfred Forns
07-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Your doing great with flowers !!!! Fine composition with the oof flowers !!! Simple and strong !!!

Julie Kenward
07-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Grace, I agree with the others - this is drop dead gorgeous! You've got great detail and perfect DOF and the colors...not overdone but right at the point of saturation...very nice!

Rene Quenneville
07-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Very fine image. The curved stem adds to the mood. What a good start on flowers. You make us all jealous!!!

Markus Jais
07-21-2009, 01:43 AM
Wonderful and interesting image. Great light and colors. I like the composition. The sharp flower above the unsharp ones is a great idea and works fantastic here.

Markus

Mike Moats
07-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Hey Grace, you nailed this comp, love the soft DOF and colors really work well together. Congrats.

Grace Scalzo
07-21-2009, 08:29 AM
Thanks, everyone, for your words of encouragement. There is always so much to photograph and see, and in the months ahead, I hope to explore more than birds, altho I bet I'll always have that long lens on my shoulder.

(Mike, TinyLandscapes is on order from Amazon, can't wait to get it!)

Anita Bower
07-25-2009, 06:55 AM
Beautiful detail in the center of this flower. I generally like blurred BGs like this one, and I do like it, though the lower flowers pull my eye away from the main flower. The angle and curve of the stem is just lovely, as are the colors.