PDA

View Full Version : Parasitic Hymenoptera

Thomas Herou
07-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Strange looking creature,where the females insert their eggs in other,juvenile insects.
This is a male,so he is innocent!:D

K20D, Sigma 180/3,5
f/9, 1/125s, ISO400

Randy Stout
07-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Thomas:

Great focus here. I believe you told me you shoot handheld, which is pretty amazing on this type of shot to control your DOF so well.

Nice colors. I might burn in the brighter spot in the upper left corner, just to favor the subject over the background.

Cheers

Randy

Thomas Herou
07-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Thanks Randy.
I think you have a point about the bright spot.It's fixed now.
And,yes, I never use tripod,I like to move around a lot and seek up motives.
In this case a sat on the ground and my knees worked as support for the camera.

Jackie Schuknecht
07-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Amazing sharpness for HH Thomas. I really like the purples in the BG complementing the flower. I also like the angle of capture.

Steve Maxson
07-20-2009, 04:27 PM
These types of wasps seldom cooperate for me, Thomas. Very nice sharpness and DOF considering that this was hand held at 1/125. The wasp has an interesting pose with its abdomen pointing up and I like the purples in the background. As an alternative, you might try a vertical comp by cropping from the left. Well done.

Fabs Forns
07-20-2009, 06:59 PM
You couldn't have found a better setting for the insect, great DOF and excellent compo :)

Alfred Forns
07-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Precise point of focus to cover the insect !!! love the perch and setting !!!

Julie Kenward
07-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Excellent image, Thomas. The BG is almost as beautiful as the flower itself! You really have a way of finding a BG that takes an image over the top.

Beautiful focus and what precision. I saw the OOF front of the flower for a good half second before my eye moved up to the insect and I never gave it a second thought. It's not distracting in the least because it looks so well blended with everything else that you hardly notice it. This is really very well done.

Thomas Herou
07-21-2009, 03:19 AM
Thanks everyone!