PDA

View Full Version : Two image Dragonfly

Alfred Forns
07-19-2009, 04:12 PM
This is two images worked together with Helicon Focus. This program allows you to combine several images into one. The subject has to be still and you must make use of a tripod, focus on different parts and program takes care of the rest !!!

Will be doing the macro motif soon but before will have a tutorial from Fabs on how to mix images which comes in handy for macro, also in the use of this program ... Helicon Focus. Will be sort of a working tutorial ... fun :)

btw this one is made up of only two ... one for the head one for the tail !!! In this instance stopping down more would have brought the bg into play

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Canon 1DMk3
Sigma 180 macro 1.4X
f 11.0 1/320 sec
Av -1
ISO 800

Dan Brown
07-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Very successful stitch Alfred! I really like the BG, so it's good that you didn't stop down IMO! I have done similar stitches with PS's photomerge. BTW, this is a damselfly of some kind.

Jackie Schuknecht
07-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Lovely BG and great details on the dragonfly Al. Would make a HUGE print. Looking forward to the tutorial. I guess Helicon Focus is the program for macro.

Alfred Forns
07-19-2009, 04:30 PM
.... Damsel it is Dan :) .......... and I didn't say Dragon to see if anyone was paying attention :)

Lance Peters
07-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Ahh AL - but the heading of the image says "two image dragonfly"

Love it - awesome details and a great BG.

Ron Boisvert
07-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Alfred, that is a gorgeous image!! If I had back all the hours of my life I spent chasing around damselflies and dragonflies with a camera in hand, well... I really love this type of image.

I can't help but wonder if you used any auxiliary lighting, ring light, etc. Did you?

Alfred Forns
07-20-2009, 07:35 AM
Hi Ron this is all direct sunlight I do make use of a Canon macro light and diffusers !!

... btw the wrong tittle keeps getting better .... two composite dragonflies turning into one damselfly :)

carole wiley
07-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Just a lovely image, right down to the blue and purples in the wings.

Gus Cobos
07-29-2009, 11:32 AM
Well composed and executed Mr. Forns...excellent...:cool: