PDA

View Full Version : Explosion of Colour #4

Daniel Belasco
07-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Snowy Egret

Still continuing my theme I've started in my posts here. My 4th post. I did finding a web hosting site that allows me to post larger. That seemed to be a major criticism of my 3 previous posts.
This is an older shot, thus the 20d.

techs: canon 20d 500mm f4 lens at f5.6 1/2000 iso 800 -1/3evhttp://newimages.fotopic.net/?iid=yzildq&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1

Alfred Forns
07-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Hi Daniel

Gorgeous bg !!! Strong reflection, good feather detail and love the feel !!!

Just personal opinion but might have gone with a horizontal to show more up front and a fuller wake !! Either way one fine image !!! Big Congrats !!!

Phil Ertel
07-19-2009, 03:50 PM
This is very nice! I also love the colorful background (I agree with Alfred; if you have more of the background showing more would be nice in my opinion). The head angle is pleasing and the raised foot adds interest. Thanks for sharing.

Daniel Belasco
07-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Probably should have mentioned, I am very close with the 500mm lense and struggling to fit the egret in the frame. Shot in vertical format and only cropped maybe 3% off the image to center the bird. That's also the reason for the high shutter speed, because of the closeness the apparent rate of speed was very fast.

Daniel Cadieux
07-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Glad you found a way to post your images larger, just keep in mind to keep the files at no larger than 200kb ;-)

Beautiful colours once again, very autumnal! Great pose by the egret too. I would have preferred less room behind and more in front, but a very striking image nonetheless. You might want to consider some NR on the BG.

Axel Hildebrandt
07-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Great colors in the BG and I like the walking pose and sharpness. Another vote for putting the bird further to the right in the frame to give him room to walk into. Keep them coming!

Ramon M. Casares
07-19-2009, 04:46 PM
I agree that comp would be improved by leaving more room in front of the bird, but pose, light, exppsure, BG, colors and overall image are stunning! Congratulations.

christopher galeski
07-20-2009, 04:58 AM
I agree with what as been said about crop,but a beautiful image,love the colors.thanks.