PDA

View Full Version : It's Time ............

Joe Senzatimore
07-18-2009, 04:26 PM
...... To do your oun hunting. The first nesting of Common terns is fledging but they still don't seem to get the fact that they now have to fend for themselves. They still get excited when an adult flies in with a fish and think it is for them. Then the adult flies away with the fish still in it's beak , probably trying to coax the juvi to fly and hunt.
400 ISO f8 at 1/1000th

Ramon M. Casares
07-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Light seems a tad harsh but it still works to me, BG is a little untidy, maybe some slective NR could soften it a bit. Nice pose, comp and detail though. Congratulations!

Randy Stout
07-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Joe:

I agree with Ramon about the light, but the angle of it was good, and I think you handled the exp. well.

The HA could be a bit more towards us.

I also agree about the clutter. The part that really gets my attention is the green area just above his head. It gives me the impression that it is getting ready to fall on his head and he is ducking! Just my first reaction to it.

Cheers

Randy

Alan Murphy
07-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Nice one Joe. I'd like to see you get a little lower.

Save some for me. Hope you see you soon.

Joe Senzatimore
07-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Nice one Joe. I'd like to see you get a little lower.

Save some for me. Hope you see you soon.

I'd like to see me get lower too , but at 64 it just ain't happening. I am looking forward to your trip here. It will be fun , I'm sure.

Fabs Forns
07-18-2009, 08:11 PM
I'd like to see me get lower too , but at 64 it just ain't happening.

What do you mean?? I'm almost there and I roll in the mud :cool:

Yes, the parents encourage the youngons to start fending from themselves, but sometimes they really need to be hungry before they take the plunge.
Beautiful capture, high angle mentioned.

Bryan Erb
07-18-2009, 10:11 PM
You handled the light pretty well, I have to agree the dark green spot above the head is a bit distracting. Nice pose captured, and I like the composition.

Grace Scalzo
07-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Nice begging pose captured, Joe.

Joe Senzatimore
07-19-2009, 08:39 AM
What do you mean?? I'm almost there and I roll in the mud :cool:

Yes, the parents encourage the youngons to start fending from themselves, but sometimes they really need to be hungry before they take the plunge.
Beautiful capture, high angle mentioned.

Now this is a line I'm not gonna touch Fabs. ;) By the way, thanks for the info on the 300 f4. I'm loving it. :)