PDA

View Full Version : Stilt

Nagesh Mula
07-18-2009, 03:40 PM
I took this picture almost two years ago when I got interested into Photography. I crawled like 20 feet into wet grass to get this picture and was very happy to get one. I liked the blue background and serene feeling here.
I would like to know you opinion on sharpness, head angle and other aspects of this image.
Almost 90% of the original image, cropped for composition.
EOS - 30D
ISO - 100 (Yes I used to shoot @ this ISO before :-)
Tv - 1/800
Exp - 0

Morkel Erasmus
07-18-2009, 03:58 PM
looks like he is walking slightly away from you, although at first glance it looks perpendicular to the viewfinder. the low angle and super detail here more than make up for it. very nice sir!

Ramon M. Casares
07-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Pose and HA look great to me. I like the light, BG, low angle, exposure, detail and sharpness, comp would improve if you crop from the left.
Congratulations!

Alan Murphy
07-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Nagesh, the image is well exposed with great detail in the blacks and whites. Head angle works for me. Wish he didn't have the mud on his feet, but that's their gig!

The bird is too centered for me. It would improve the image to have the bird more left in the frame.

John Chardine
07-18-2009, 06:44 PM
I think this is a super image Nagesh. It's very sharp, there's nice eye detail, the colours are great, and I love the BG and how it blends with the water so well. For me the mud on the foot is a huge bonus because it alone tells a story. The only thing I think would improve the image is a slightly different crop with less room on the left, behind the bird, and more room to the right, in front.

Phil Ertel
07-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Good exposure with good details as mentioned above. Nice soft background to display the bird. I also agree cropping a bit off the left to move the bird out of the center.

Fabs Forns
07-18-2009, 08:18 PM
I love how you got the green in the top feathers to show. Consistent with Juan Aragone's stating that there's very little black in nature. It appears to be black but it's not :)

HA in fine and agree with Ramon about the composition.

Bryan Erb
07-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Good exposure, nice background, IMO the comp. is just a bit too centered.

Stu Bowie
07-19-2009, 12:33 AM
Getting down and dirty has paid off with this low angle. Excellent exposure, sharp, and stands out nicely against the water BG. Cropping some off the left will improve this image even more.