PDA

View Full Version : El Capitan - Yosemite NP

Jay Gould
07-18-2009, 09:04 AM
This is the magnificent El Capitan! People climb it; people used to jump off of it with hang gliders; they used to push burning embers off of it every night - know as the famous Fire Fall; and it is 3,000' high and somewhere on that massive piece of granite is a surprise. Can you find it? Tomorrow I will show it to you :D .

denise ippolito
07-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Jay, I love the scenery in Yosemite!! I can't see your surprise but I will check back tomorrow to see!!!

Chris Hansen
07-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Hi Jay,
Is the surprise the climbers on the portaledge. I think I can see them. Maybe it's a dust spec on my screen!
Glad to see that you are enjoying California.

God bless,

chris

Jackie Schuknecht
07-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Some rock climbers for sure, but when I was there they were much further over to the right.

Jay Gould
07-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Hi Jay,
Is the surprise the climbers on the portaledge. I think I can see them. Maybe it's a dust spec on my screen!
Glad to see that you are enjoying California.

God bless,

chris

THAT is a dust spec!

BTW - how are you drawing the yellow circle - what tool and how are you choosing the color? I am just getting into CS4. Thanks,

Jay Gould
07-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Some rock climbers for sure, but when I was there they were much further over to the right.

BINGO! :D

In my book, these Canadian climbers are NUTS!! :eek:

BTW, this was shot with my G9 and the tele-extender lens on a tripod.

Interesting that Canon in the G10 went wider and shorter with focal length; waiting to see the G11.

Jackie Schuknecht
07-18-2009, 04:15 PM
And the really scary part is they don't usually make it up in one day so they suspend themselves in hammock overnight. Good for a restful sleep I'm sure. ~not.......!

Mike Tracy
07-18-2009, 06:44 PM
BTW - how are you drawing the yellow circle - what tool and how are you choosing the color? I am just getting into CS4. Thanks,

Jay, one of the easiest and fastest ways if you are on a PC. Start > programs > accessories > paint.

Thanks for the brief history lesson.

Mike Tracy
07-18-2009, 06:50 PM
In Photo Shop select the pencil tool and then your choice of color. You can vary the width and hardness as you would a brush.

Mike Tracy
07-18-2009, 06:51 PM
In Photo Shop select the pencil tool and then your choice of color. You can vary the width and hardness as you would a brush.

Apologize for the repeat post.

Alfred Forns
07-18-2009, 07:41 PM
They are crazy but must be fun !!!! ... not sure I could ever try it !!!

denise ippolito
07-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Jay, A beautiful hanging cot!! Can't imagine falling (LOL)fast asleep up there!!

Chris Hansen
07-19-2009, 09:39 AM
Hi Jay,
Are you still on your "Tour de California"?
In CS- 4 to draw using color you can choose either the paintbrush or the pencil tool from the tools palette. In the attached image the paintbrush is circled in yellow. To choose a color you click on the box that is circled in red and a color palette will pop up so you can choose whatever color you like. I hope this helps.

God's blessings to you,

chris

Jay Gould
07-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks Chris, right now we are back in Australia. I was raised in California from age 13 and went to Yosemite and Sequoia every summer. Yosemite is my favorite of the two NPs.

Our next adventure is a Tour de South America commencing 24 October for 6 1/2 months.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Great spot Jay. Thanks for sharing. I'd love to see this one day.

Gus Cobos
07-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Love the perspective Jay...This is beautiful...:cool: