PDA

View Full Version : Roadside Hawk III

Ramon M. Casares
07-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Well, forgive me for keep posting the same species, but I am having such a great time with this guy and I am so happy that he is starting to cooperate more and more that I just want to share my joy with all of you.
Today he arrived preety late and light was almost gone, actually the perch was already in shadows, but I still like the result. Please let me know your thoughts, critiques and suggestions. Enjoy and hope you like it.

1/200Seg.
F4.0
+1
ISO 400
MarkII
300mm f4
Hide
Monopod
Bait

Michael Wolf
07-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Absolutely stunning image! The perch is perfect in size and decoration and the BG is a gift from above. The overall lighting on the bird just makes this a winner in every way.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Other than lacking the wonderful light you have in the other images you had already posted, this is a killer image amigo. That perch is stunning. Your patience really paid off here. Congrats!

Christopher C.M. Cooke
07-17-2009, 07:42 PM
What a magnificient bird and so well put together.

The eye is mesmerising and the perch perfectly designed for the shot, you can keep posting these for me as much as you like.

I love Raptors.

Phil Ertel
07-17-2009, 07:44 PM
No need to apologize for posting this image. This is absolutely stunning in my opinion. Very pleasing composition, killer background, great perch, and good pose with detail throughout: NICE. Thanks for sharing and congratulations on a fine image.

Dan Brown
07-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Beautiful techs, BG and perch Ramon. However, for me, the BG seems too bright and is overpowering the beautiful raptor!

Lorant Voros
07-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Just keep them coming, Ramon. They are just getting better IMO. I love the perch here, the pose....and I actually love the BG. Great work once again.

Jay Gould
07-17-2009, 07:49 PM
You are nailing him every which way! I am not tired of seeing such lovely images. I think the changes in the BG frame your bird perfectly.

Simon Bennett
07-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Wonderful crisp capture Ramon - Excellent pose, background and perch - it is like a posie.

Kerry Perkins
07-17-2009, 08:04 PM
Simply beautiful Ramon, don't hold back! The eye is riveting and the bg colors compliment this stunning bird so well. He certainly is a joy to see!

Raymond Barlow
07-17-2009, 08:42 PM
excellent image Ramon.. sweet light and details! Extraordinary.

Juan Carlos Vindas
07-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Que belleza Ramon!
Stunning image, love the alert pose.

The addition of the prey makes this one for me. Congrats.

Marc Mol
07-17-2009, 11:50 PM
Everything to love about this superb image Ramon, as others have already commented.
The perch & lighting....9.99 out of 10! for me!
Cheers
Marc

Lance Peters
07-18-2009, 12:08 AM
Excellent Ramon --- BG compliments the birs so well, tack sharp.
Love it

Ryan Lambert
07-18-2009, 12:46 AM
Ramon, not much to crit here, this is another super image of this species, the subject is crisp, and the yellow in the bg compliments the subject very well...a big congrats again

Juan Aragonés
07-18-2009, 12:57 AM
Light, psharpness and bird couldn´t be better. Love the BG but I am going in the opposite direction regarding the perch. It doesn´t works for me. I am Ok with the green plant but the dry grass seems to a be a bit unnatural. The eye is just killer Ramón and the light is fantastic because the bird was in the shadow, much better IMO that direct sun light. :-)

Is this a baited bird?

David Fletcher
07-18-2009, 02:45 AM
Nailed this one Ramon! Just gets better and better.

Thomas Herou
07-18-2009, 05:12 AM
Fantastic image!
Colours,bg,pose and sharpness is perfect!

Amy Marques
07-18-2009, 07:06 AM
Hi Ramon. I love this one. All is perfect but maybe too perfect? The perch arrangement is very creative and attractive, but all is so perfect it can pass as a taxidermy display! Of course, you may take this as a compliment.

Erich Stevens
07-18-2009, 07:23 AM
Ramon,

Who could ever grow tired of great raptor photos? This one's my fave so far. I actually prefer the warm light and colors in the BG this time, and nice even light on the hawk. A pleasing contrast to my eye. Great perch and HA. Nothing to nit here. Excellent work!

Jan Wegener
07-18-2009, 09:34 AM
stunning shot, Ramon. I would try to clone out the two dark areas and the bright area above the head.

I liked your previous perch much better. This looks a bit too fake. You can prevent to have this strange look, when you place the grass left and right of the perch in little holders, instead of fixing it at the bottom of the perch. By doing so you get that unnatural look. The green stuff works really weel. Next time I would suggest to take some great looking stump and just put on some of the green plants. If you wanna work with grass too, try to place it left and right of the perch. You can also place styrofoam at the bottom of the perch and stick the grass into it. Then you get a natural look.

Brian Barcelos
07-18-2009, 10:15 AM
Ramon, all I can say is WOW! Think I might have to come down to Argentina some day. I especially like the perch, it has a dead yet still alive look to it. HA, BG and sharpness couldn't get any better. Congratulations.

Brian

Doug Brown
07-18-2009, 10:55 AM
I really like what you're doing with this magnificent bird Ramon! Super pose here. I'm not sure how I feel about the color of the BG; it doesn't look quite right to my eye. It also overpowers the bird a little IMO. Keep up the great work with your new friend!

Markus Jais
07-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Wow! Killer shot. Absolutely fantastic. Perfect sharpness. Awesome BG.

Markus

Stu Bowie
07-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Perfect pose Ramon, and I like the forked perch. Stunning light, colours, detail and sharpness. You couldnt ask for anything else. Congrats on another fine image.

Mike Lentz
07-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Geez man!!!! WOW!!! The light, the pose, the perch, the tones, the steely eye! NICE!!!

P.S. Jan had some good tips for future setups!

Gyorgy Szimuly
07-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Stunning again. Lovely image. I admire your PS skills :P Very nice production.
If one thing I would mention is the light reflection above (around) the head).
Szimi

Morkel Erasmus
07-18-2009, 04:00 PM
nothing more to add but HUGE congratulations Ramon! a stunning pic all round.

Ramon M. Casares
07-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Thak you all SO much for your critiques, kind words and suggestions!

Jan, all of what you've told is great and I'll keep that very present for the next session, I really apreciate all the info! Thanks!

david cramer
07-18-2009, 04:50 PM
A nice capture... sharp with good detail. I like the perch, but find the bg too bright and would tone it down.

Ramon M. Casares
07-18-2009, 04:59 PM
I was surprised (excellent observation) by Jan's comments. Did you set this perch ?

Yes I did Peter.

Art Kornienko
07-18-2009, 07:38 PM
Love everything about it Ramon, seems to be a one dust spot left edge toward the bottom.

Indranil Sircar
07-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Outstanding composition, Ramon. I love the details and the colors along with the perch. I do agree with Doug on the bg. Still a terrific composition.

Ramon M. Casares
07-19-2009, 06:28 PM
I do agree with Doug on the bg. Still a terrific composition.

The thing is that the perch was in shadows and the BG was still recieving the last sun light, I had to tone down the BG and brighten the bird a bit to compensate, but that's preety much how the BG looked.