PDA

View Full Version : The Results Of War

Jay Gould
07-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Hi, as a follow-on to Richard's image, this was shot last summer in Santa Barbara. A group of Iraq war veterans EVERY SUNDAY put out one cross for each death. We stood there for quite some time just looking and feeling.

Jay Gould
07-17-2009, 07:01 PM
This is part of the OP image!

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Very sad Jay. I am really lost for words. :(

Alfred Forns
07-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Moving image Jay !

Richard Waas
07-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks for sharing Jay. I get very moved when I see these memorials. It's amazing that in every generation we have brave young men willing to give their lives for our freedom. God bless them all.....

Jay Gould
07-17-2009, 08:33 PM
Richard, I am not so sure about the emphasis on "willing"! Lots of young men were drafted or conscripted depending upon the generation and where they were located.

The history of man is that in every generation brave young men are killed to support the greed (very broadly defined) of others. At the end of the day war is mainly about I have something you want; or I have something you want others to have.

Ostensibly, the Iraq war was about getting rid of Saddam and creating freedom for someone; however, IMHO oil - black gold - played a large part in the decision making process, as did the participation of the Worlds' corporations in the material support for the "war effort".

Thank you for looking and commenting.

Gus Cobos
07-17-2009, 10:08 PM
A picture paints a thousand words Jay....this is sad, God bless...:cool:

Juan Carlos Vindas
07-17-2009, 10:29 PM
You can't imaging how hard it is for a tour guide like me to answer the question ''what do you think about our last president'' referring to Bush...

Juan Carlos Vindas
07-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Very impressive and sad.

Let's pray for those who have lost some one in that war...

Alfred Forns
07-18-2009, 07:44 PM
... shouldn't be hard at all Juan :( Joining you in your prayers !!!