PDA

View Full Version : Quick plug for Really Right Stuff

Colin Knight
07-17-2009, 06:29 PM
I purchased my second item from them and received it today- the MH-01 monopod head. If you're considering a tilt head, check it out. I mounted my 500mm to it and was VERY impressed with it. The tension required to lock the lens in place is minimal, and when this is done, it does not yield at all! It's conservatively rated at 75 lbs, which I don't doubt after actually handling it.

It's an incredible piece of gear from RRS, which isn't unusual. But what is unusual, is that it's reasonably priced at $150. IMO

I will be using it in tandem with my RRS B2 Pro L QR clamp.

Just a heads up,
Colin

Marc Mol
07-17-2009, 11:43 PM
Have found the same Colin.
I too use the same combo on my 500VR and totally agree.
A very solid and reassuring unit. (not affiliated with RRS in any way)....I should be, given my praise singing.:D

Cheers
Marc

Colin Knight
07-18-2009, 05:39 AM
Maybe they'll give us a discount on the next purchase....=)

Colin

Chris Brennan
07-18-2009, 02:00 PM
I bought the MH-01 head about 5 months ago for use with my 300/2.8, and I agree 100%! It's a rock solid piece of gear but I'm still not comfortable dangling any of my lenses over my shoulder. The RRS head probably won't fail but the monopod might...

Colin Knight
07-18-2009, 02:14 PM
My last wildlife shoot involved a 12 mile hike. The 500mm WILL go over my should for that, only way I could carry it that far! It's insured, I check all of the connections are tight, that's all I can do. I would put the neck strap on for additional protection, but I'm afraid it would break my neck if it fell. LOL

Colin

colincarter
07-21-2009, 06:38 AM
i just got the head aswell for my 500Vr and it is great, another thumbs up for RRS