PDA

View Full Version : There is bad news, worse news and really really bad news...

Karl Günter Wünsch
07-17-2009, 04:13 PM
http://www.lithos-mineralien.de/naturescapes/wanze_wanze_raupe_0302_bp.jpg
Canon 50D, Tokina 100mm f/2.8 Macro @ f/13, 1/4 s, ISO 400, slight crop, tripod. Field verge in the Lampertstal between Ripsdorf and Dollendorf, Eifel, NRW, Germany.
When I stumbled across this I didn't realize how much nature had it in for this caterpillar. On the body of the caterpillar we have the eggs of probably a parasitic fly but that really wont matter anymore as the two bugs are making a meal of it already. Btw. if anyone is interested, the lower bug was winning the tug-of-war...

Fabs Forns
07-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Oh my, no way to win this battle for the caterpillar. Very good find. I may crop some off the left, not much there to foeer and get the subjects off center.

Jay Gould
07-17-2009, 10:21 PM
What a fun image - except for the caterpillar! Sick humor~~! :eek:

For my eye, the image is leaning ever so slightly to the left - things out of square seem to bother my compositional sensibilities - just a thought.

Desmond Chan
07-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Great capture! I may consider cropping both sides more :)

Dave Phillips
07-17-2009, 10:30 PM
great find/image....in lieu of a crop, one might rotate a bit ccw to add some interest

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Interesting find Karl. I agree re: crop. Thanks for sharing.

Thomas Herou
07-18-2009, 03:57 AM
A cruel micro world,indeed!
Nice observed and catched!

Julie Kenward
07-18-2009, 02:24 PM
That poor little guy! It IS a cruel, cruel world, is it not?

My goodness...I think I'd also crop some from one or both sides to give the focal point even more interest. I also think you could have gotten by with wider aperture in this to help diffuse the BG a bit more. As is it's nice but it would have been out of the way of the action if you had dropped down to say f8. I would also suggest selecting the top bug and trying to bring up some details in the black areas with maybe a shadow/highlight adjustment or possibly even levels.

Anita Bower
07-21-2009, 07:41 AM
The title intrigued me and caused me to read and look. Good eye to see this action. You already have a lot of suggestions to work with. The BG does not bother me. Thanks for sharing.