PDA

View Full Version : Back-lit Poppy

Nicki Gwynn Jones
07-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Hello Everyone!
I don't normally post on this part of the forum but thought that I would share some of this year's poppy images with you. We were very fortunate to have a spectacular field full of poppies not far from where I live, so several visits were in order...:D
Canon 50D 300 f2.8
F 2.8 1/8000 sec (!)
ISO 400
Exp comp -0.2
Many thanks for looking and for your comments and critiques.
Best regards,
Nicki

Fabs Forns
07-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Sweet BG and composition, Nickie. Not sure about the dark buds in the BG, and another round of noise reduction in the BG would not hurt :)

Ramesh Adkoli
07-18-2009, 06:41 AM
Beautiful image, Nicki. Those sharp, and glowing bristles on the poppy stem add to the image. TFS.

Regards,
Ramesh

Dan Brown
07-18-2009, 07:30 AM
Hi Nicki, where have you been? I love the bg color here? I see your signature "negative space" on the left :). Agree with the nee for a bit of NR.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
07-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Hi Fabs, Ramesh and Dan!
Thanks so much for your kind comments and suggestions.
Been busy at work Dan - :eek: - no peace for the wicked - :D:D Hope you're keeping well!
Best to all,
Nicki

Julie Kenward
07-18-2009, 02:18 PM
Hey there, Nicki! I like your composition - the way the flower comes in from the LRC is very nice. The colors are good although the orange might need to be pulled back a hair in saturation. I'm also unsure of the two buds - I don't think there's really enough detail for them to add significantly to the image so my vote would be to remove them.

Anita Bower
07-21-2009, 07:51 AM
I like the attitude of the flower, and the repeating patter provided by the out of focus flowers. The color suffusing the image is just lovely, picking up the colors of the Poppy. I agree about more noise reduction. Interesting how each person has different responses to an image.