PDA

View Full Version : Scissortail

Mike Fuhr
07-17-2009, 07:37 AM
I rarely get a chance to get a picture of the scissortail flycatcher -- I decided I would get one by the end of the summer here in OK where they are quite common (but skitish). This isn't exactly what I had in mind, but I ended up liking the shot. Took this just as I was leaving the Tallgrass Prairie Preserve one evening in northern OK. Taken from the car opportunistically. A few minor adjustments made, including sharpening, crop and increase in temp.

Nikon D300
100-300 F4
F5.6 (-1.67)
1/100
ISO 1000
Handheld

Randy Stout
07-17-2009, 07:59 AM
Mike:

I like it. I wish I could see just enough more of the sign to read it. Obviously, you can puzzle it out, but it might be interesting if you have more of the sign. The warmer color temp works well here.

Good seeing!

Randy

Ramon M. Casares
07-17-2009, 09:46 AM
It owrks very well, I agree with Randy that if the we could read a bit better the sign (specielly the word preserve) it would be stronger.
Congratulations though as the image is very nice.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
07-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Hi Mike,
I like it too - it is unusual and well-seen. I agree that it might have been nice to see more of the sign - perhaps you will get another chance. The bird makes such a pretty silhouette!
Best,
Nicki

Mike Fuhr
07-17-2009, 12:22 PM
I actually removed some of the sign in my crop because it seemed to be a picture of a sign with a bird on it vs a picture of a bird on a sign. :) I'll repost with a variation on the crop later this evening. Thanks for the comments.