PDA

View Full Version : Springtime at Sequoia NP - Ha!

Jay Gould
07-17-2009, 03:29 AM
Hi, this is one of my most favorite G9 images! We live in Australia; my brother lives in San Diego. We decided to visit Sequoia and Yosemite following my daughter's graduation from Berkeley Law. From there WE were going onto Alaska for four months; Steve was returning to San Diego. The first two days there we were hiking in shorts and t-shirts; then..........an unseasonable cold snap in the area and four days of snow!!

WE were well prepared since we had our cold weather clothes; my brother and his wife stayed in the Lodge.

Camera: G9
Capture date/time: 23 May 08; 5:38am
Light condition: Bloody Cold and Snowing
Lens: 7.4-44.4
Focal length: 14.783
Extender: none
Tube: none
Flash/Comp: none
ISO: 400
Exp Prog: Av
Speed: 1/1000 sec
Aperture: f/3.5
Exp Comp: 0
Metering: Evaluative
WB: Auto
AF Drive: One Shot
Tripod: yes - tiny!

All C&Cs gratefully appreciated!

Jay Gould
07-17-2009, 03:39 AM
Hi, I currently do not have an Edit button! I am going to repost this image when my situation is fixed. This image does not have the punch - a bit to much PP! :(

Gus Cobos
07-17-2009, 05:17 AM
I like this very much Jay...the mood and feel is off the charts...well composed and captured...this is beautiful...thanks for sharing...:cool:

Alfred Forns
07-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Love your vacations Jay !!!!! ... hope you had some warm clothing !!! Great mood !!

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Great spot mate, sounds like Tassie. Four seasons in one day.

I don;t think there is an edit button. I haven't one either.

Jay Gould
07-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Great spot mate, sounds like Tassie. Four seasons in one day.
I don;t think there is an edit button. I haven't one either.

There is an edit button only for the OP; if you look at some of you OPs - this is the only one that didn't have an edit button.

Jay Gould
07-17-2009, 07:41 PM
Interesting, I have an edit button for every post of mine whether I posted or not - BTW - this has been fixed on all of the other threads. No problem here as everyone seems to like this image - I was going to post one that I thought had a bit more POP.