PDA

View Full Version : Two Bucks

Steve Canuel
07-16-2009, 10:33 PM
40D, 400DO + 1.4xTC, f7.1, 1/100s, ISO 1600, +1/3 EC, tripod mount, slight crop from right, and removed the rear end of another deer on the left.

Ken Watkins
07-16-2009, 11:20 PM
I love it when you see images of "normal" animals, there is far to much emphasis especially in Africa on the Big 5. Antelopes are great subjects who generally pose well, this is a fine example especially as the colours are muted rather than oversaturated and contrasty.

Stu Bowie
07-17-2009, 12:49 AM
Hi Steve, lovely direct eye contact from the two, and I really like the softer light in this. This is sharp, with great detail, and love the blurred foliage in the BG. Great image.

Jay Gould
07-17-2009, 01:09 AM
Hi Steve, what a wonderful image that you are sharing. You are very fortunate to have them in your "backyard". I did my undergraduate at Denver Univ; spent a lot of time in the Rockies. I would change anything; perhaps others would! Thanks.

David Fletcher
07-17-2009, 05:31 AM
Wouldn't change a thing. Lovely light and comp, and details. Like the attention you have Steve, without unduly worrying them. Lovely shot!

Sabyasachi Patra
07-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Steve,
Nice one Steve in your trademark ISO 1600. I agree with Ken that one can create great images of herbivores that are present in more numbers than the Big 5.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Fabs Forns
07-18-2009, 08:58 PM
I like seeing the difference in furs, very interesting. Great habitat and nice pose and light. Winner!

Eric Virkler
07-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Great pose, lighting, and subjects. I too love shooting the local wildlife. If I could get really, really picky (which I'd need to be to critique a shot this good) I'd have liked to have seen the head tilt matched on the two (not that you had any say in the matter). I don't know how many shots you ending up taking, but I think it would have been neat if after this shot you had panned to the left and taken another shot. Then stitched them together for a panoramic image with the bucks off-center to the right. Just a thought. Keep up the great work.

Eric Virkler
Faces of Nature Photography
www.ericjvirkler.com (http://www.ericjvirkler.com)

Harshad Barve
07-19-2009, 12:27 AM
Beautiful image, great compostion and awesome BG
All in all beautiful shot

Harshad

DanWalters
07-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Nice shot Steve. I like the color and the way both bucks are looking at the camera.