PDA

View Full Version : Spot-tailed Nightjar

manuel grosselet
07-16-2009, 09:35 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2607/3727727485_4f8fb375c0.jpg?v=0

Mark III, 300 2,8, conv 1.4,
flash 580 Ex
I don't remember my setting, I am just trying to share image, it's my first post.
Comment are welcomes.

Manuel
www.tierradeaves.com (http://www.tierradeaves.com)

Ramon M. Casares
07-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Welcome! Nice first post, nice BG and species, great low angle and good comp, I wouls suggest darkening the pupil as it turned red because of the flash.
Congratulations.

Lorant Voros
07-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Welcome on BPN, Manuel. Very nice to see you here.
Fantastic first post. I remember when you heard this bird singing at night and 10 minutes later you had it in your hand.

Ramon covered everything; my only suggestion would be to post it bigger, like 800pixels on the long side.

Keep them coming, my friend.

Gyorgy Szimuly
07-17-2009, 02:49 AM
Nice image. Wish it was a bit larger at least around 750 pixel on the longer side;)
The image looks a bit oversharpened and lacks of contrast. Otherwise I like it despite the tail is not visible showing the bird as a small ball. :D

Szimi

Simon Bennett
07-17-2009, 03:08 AM
Welcome Manuel - Interesting bird and I like the crisp presentation and shared tones of bird and background.

Daniel Cadieux
07-17-2009, 06:50 AM
Good job on the night photography here. I would highly recommend fixing the "red eye" (caused by the flash) and make the pupil black as it should be. You may also want to tame some of the light streaking at right and give the comp at tad more space. Good techs, and an awesome species to share as first post...welcome aboard BTW!!

manuel grosselet
07-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Hi everybody,

I will try to send you pictures at the level of birdphotographer forum, mean lot of work for me.

Thanks for the comments, and Lorant Voros to teach me how to take pictures.

The next pictures will be bigger and nicer..I will try.
I am impresse by all the increible pictures on this forum.

Do you accept studio pictures too??
All the best
Manuel
www.tierradeaves.com

Juan Aragonés
07-18-2009, 01:45 AM
Hi Manual I am a big fan of nightjars and as far as I can remeber thi sis the first image of a spot-tailed that I have ever seen. Low angle works very fine for me and I agree with Ramón regarding the eye. Wellcome on board and hope to see more of your work here Manuel :-)

Por cierto, intentamos que todo el mundo use su nombre propio en el foro. Sería estupendo que cambiaras tu identificación. Si no sabes cómo hacerlo emvíale un Private Message a Alfred Forns y él lo cambiará por tí. Bienvenidos :-)

David Fletcher
07-18-2009, 02:58 AM
Great low angle shot! Well done there. Agreed it'd be nice to see larger and some work on the red eye.