PDA

View Full Version : Bonding

Sabyasachi Patra
07-16-2009, 11:19 AM
This is from Bandhavgarh National Park, India.

It was nice watching a tigress and her grown up cub showing affection. I would have liked to move a bit towards my left so that the faces of both would have been visible. Unfortunately, there was no chance. Ofcourse, I am happy with the catchlight I got in the face of the cub. In the subsequent images, the eyes of the tiger is closed.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, EF 2xII ie. at 800mm, ISO 200, f5.6, 1/1250 sec. Slight crop from bottom and right.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

David Fletcher
07-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Lovely interaction Sabyasachi. Little tight on the left and would consider adding some canvas. You have a wonderful series of Tiger shots! Congrats.

Sid Garige
07-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Nice job Sabyasachi. Well done image in difficult conditions.

Steve Canuel
07-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Nice interaction. I also like the light, habitat, and color.

Ken Watkins
07-16-2009, 11:29 PM
A beautiful shot colours are true to life, you are producing the most realistic Tiger shots I have seen in some time.

Stu Bowie
07-17-2009, 12:57 AM
Hi Sabya, lovely tender moment, and you have brought out the colours perfectly. A bit tight on the left, but you have mentioned why. I would really like to see these wonderful cats in the wild - no chance in Africa.

Morkel Erasmus
07-17-2009, 02:04 AM
what a moment! love the environment, interaction and detail. ditto more room to the left, but this is a keeper in my books.

Sabyasachi Patra
07-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Dear all,
Thanks for your comments.

Peter: You have rightly pointed out that part of the tail of the left is missing. That is because I was trying to minimise the area to the left as there was a dry tree with branches. However, I didn't notice that while clicking. :D

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Harshad Barve
07-19-2009, 12:17 AM
What a summer show this family displayed this year, Rajbehara family rocked the nation.
There were plenty of wildlife photographers across the globe who parked themselves at Rajbehara Dam including names like John Isaac in summer heats of 48 deg celcius. This family offered great sighting to everyone. Thousands of GB were wrote on memory cards and now this family holds record of MOST SHOOTED tigers in Bandhavgarh. Absolute pleasure. I was lucky enough to sight them quite offen and they send me back with lots of great moments to cherish.

No C & C from me, I am just relaxing and enjoying the moment you have captured. Thanks a ton for this

Harshad