Nicolas Frève
07-16-2009, 06:26 AM
http://www.pbase.com/nicolasfreve/image/114994346.jpg

Nikon D300, Nikkor 200mm f/4D Micro, R1C1 Flash kit
1/60 sec., f/25, ISO 500, handheld

Thanks for looking!:)

Steve Maxson
07-16-2009, 10:40 AM
I like the mostly head-on angle of view, the sharpness, DOF, and comp, Nicolas. Those eyes are really colorful! I'm not so sure about the dark band in the background as the fly's wings start to blend in with it. I'll be interested to hear some other opinions on this. :)

Julie Kenward
07-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Very nice, Nicolas! I agree that the darker BG does hide the wings a bit - perhaps a small tweak with a levels adjustment or a screen blend mode could bring that up a bit and help bring out the wings a bit more.

I also see that you have the fly close to the ROT's position horizontally but he's really close to being in the middle vertically. I'd shave a little off the bottom of the frame to get him more in an overall ROT's position.

Love the details and clarity of the fly. Those eyes make the image really special!

Anita Bower
07-16-2009, 06:54 PM
I like the detail in this image. It helps me appreciate flies--those beautiful long legs and orange/green eyes are spectacular. I wish the wing didn't vanish into the dark BG. Otherwise, lovely.

Fabs Forns
07-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Very nicely composed with good colors. Other than the wings getting lost, I think it could be sharper in the eyes.