07-15-2009, 04:37 PM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9128/6m3y3899.jpg

f 11 1/640

800 ISO EC -0.3

400 mm crop 2000 x 1400

1 D mark III and 100-400 IS ON

Kaushik Balakumar
07-16-2009, 12:26 AM
Very beautiful image Paolo. Liked the texture and patterns on the wings. Interesting to note how well the colours match with that of the trunk's.
The tip of the wings (towards left) seem a bit soft. Might also run a round of noise reduction on the BG.
Thanks for sharing this lovely image.

Julie Kenward
07-16-2009, 07:40 AM
Nice image, Paolo...I think you could do a few things differently to get an even better one next time.

First, it would be nice to have the butterfly either straight across the focal plane (meaning not turned away from you) or even have him more "heads on" so we could see the face/tongue area better.

You look to be standing in dappled shade here (dark front area of the butterfly compared to the white hot area on the back of his wings) so a diffuser or a diffused amount of fill flash might have evened the lighting out more.

I like that you have the perch going at an angle - but the twig on the left side and partial dark leaf at the top of the frame are both pulling my eye away. Keeping distracting items like these out of the image in the first place is always good; cloning them out if you have to is also an option.

Anita Bower
07-16-2009, 07:00 PM
This image immediately shows me why this moth/butterfly has its particular color and pattern. Well done! I wish the BG in the top part of the image were more blurred.