View Full Version : Schwabacher's Landing in Early Morning Sun

Gayle Clement
01-02-2008, 12:04 AM
Nikon D2Xs
Nixon 24-120VR
1/40s f/22.0 at 24.0mm iso100

D. Robert Franz
01-02-2008, 01:02 AM
Gayle, you had great light at a great location.. I've been there many times. Your FG and BG are split 50/50.. I would have liked it 2/3 -1/3. I would have put a bit more FG and not bisected the litte tuft of grass and cut otu a bit of sky for a stronger composition....

Robert Amoruso
01-02-2008, 05:32 AM
Nice light and I like the color saturation. Wonderful reflection on the water. Great demonstration of why you need to plan your images and be in the right sport at the right time.

Robert Franz suggestion on the 2/3 - 1/3 split and bisecting the grass would make the composition stronger. I also try not to bisect trees vertically at the left and right edges of my composition. On the left side a tree is partially bisected. You could crop off just to the right. That's a minor nit however.

Welcome to BPN.

Maxis Gamez
01-02-2008, 06:33 AM
Hello Gayle,

What a lovely image, the colors and reflections are wonderful. The grass in the foreground really takes away from your main subject, in situations like these is either add it to your image "complete" or don't put in the image at all. If you cropped this image, post it again with the complete grass and see what it looks like, or do it at home.

Take care!

Arthur Morris
01-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Hey Gayle, Welcome. The comments above are right on. I would add that the whole thing looks too dark on my calibrated monitor. Often times images become darker when we create small J-PEGs. I would definitely have ditched the foreground grass. Perhaps working a bit wider would have been nice. When you have a great situation takes lots of images and vary your compositions.

later and love, artie