PDA

View Full Version : Who is there

Harshad Barve
07-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Dear All
Made this image early before dawn, may be around 6AM with D300, 600mm, at F4 , ISO 800, 1/125 of sec
Definately not the best shot , but loved the looks , hence sharing
All C & C most welcome and appreciated
Harshad

David Fletcher
07-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Think the pose and inquiring look more than make up for the broken highlights in the bg. Nice shot Harshad.

Mark Fuge
07-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Hello Harshad,

I like your image, as usual. Great interaction. :cool:

I would suggest however, that you consider cropping it to make it stronger. Additionally, it appears to be a little weak, maybe some slight contrast adjustment would help. Your image, your choice.

I have attached a quick example for your information. The right crop might be a little tight for your liking.

Steve Canuel
07-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Nice curious look and I like the green foilage in the BG. I think the comp as presented needed a slight look towards center. I'm seeing a slight bluish cast as well.

Harshad Barve
07-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks everybody for great suggations
here is revised version
Let me know how if looks now
Harshad

Stu Bowie
07-16-2009, 12:27 AM
Good repost Harshad, and love the inquisitive stare.

Ken Watkins
07-16-2009, 07:21 AM
The repost is great Harshad, and no artificial boosting of colours!

Morkel Erasmus
07-16-2009, 09:16 AM
I like this shot Harshad! I think the repost works well, but you could also actually crop it vertically, with the tiger looking into some space on the right instead of the left.

I think upping contrast will help make this pop - maybe somewhere in the middle of your original post and Mark's post.

Sabyasachi Patra
07-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Harshad,
I think vertical would have worked here as Morkel has suggested. It is good that you could find an angle where the grass didn't cross infront of the eyes. Your repost is better. A little bit further reduction in colour temp. and saturation would help.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Chris Kotze
07-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Super captured and great detail. Lovely facial expression I like it lots.

Sid Garige
07-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Rules of 3rd is a great guide line but composition really depends on what photographer what to show in his image. If this is my image I would like to tell a story of tiger peeking through curiously. IMO, that requires a close up shot of tiger (the expression in the eyes is what makes the story) and bulls eye composition. I would crop some thing like this.