PDA

View Full Version : Juvie with Attitude...

David Roach
07-15-2009, 07:54 AM
Created just after sunrise (above low clouds on eastern horizon) at Wako.
1DMKIIN 400DO ISO 400 F5.6@1/800

Brian Barcelos
07-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Very nice David, Exposure is spot on, nice warm light and BG. I would maybe add a little room to the right and selectively sharpen the head a little. Congrats.

Brian

Marina Scarr
07-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Hi David: You have a lovely juvie here. I agree with Brian on a bit room on the right to keep the bird out of the center. I also agree that the head needs sharpenting b/c the eye looks just a tad soft. Your colors and details are outstanding, and your exposure EXP is right on the money. Marina

Ramon M. Casares
07-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Nice detail, atitude, textures, colors, BG, light, species and comp. Congratulations!

Daniel Cadieux
07-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Instead of adding at right I would crop at left (about half the space between neck and edge). That would also eliminate the un-needed space between the bird's body and the frame thus nicely anchoring the subject squarely in the corner. If you have it you may want to add a tiny bit at bottom to avoid clipping of the white feather. Nice colours and exposure, and the green BG sets of this guy's plumage rather nicely.

Axel Hildebrandt
07-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Good head angle, sharpness and eye contact. I agree regarding cropping off the left and wish the dark areas at the right side were not there.