PDA

View Full Version : Stilt take off

Bogdan Panait
07-14-2009, 11:35 PM
http://www.galeriafoto.com/photos/data/500/RRS4996.jpg

Hello again :)
It's a 50% crop, shot with D300, 70-200 VR with TC 2x Tammy, f9 at 1/1000 iso400, southern Romania, Danube this spring...
Thank you!

Dave Barnes
07-15-2009, 01:05 AM
Moment well captured. I like the water trail just a pity you do not have more eye contact.

Juan Aragonés
07-15-2009, 01:35 AM
I like the action a lot instead of the fact that there is not an eye contact. Light and BG works for me. BG seems to need a round of noise reduction. I usually do not like images of birds´s back but I like this one. The color balance does not look very good on my monitor, the black feathers seems to have a red cast but you can fix that in the processing job very easily :-)

A_Maddah
07-15-2009, 05:11 AM
Hi Bogdan
I can not see your photo

Asad

Graham Smith.
07-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Bogdan,
I like the action shot, but do prefer a better head angle. agree with earlier comments re the need for a little more noise reduction on the BG. What I find most interesting about this image is the two completely vertical and parallel columns of water from the back feet. It's as though he just popped straight up out of the water!
I was curious what a tammy is? ("70-200 VR with TC 2x Tammy")

David Fletcher
07-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Striking image that gets away from direct eye contact, although if I had a preference, that'll get my vote. Taking what you got, this is very good with great timing. Needs a tough nr on the bg as mentioned.

Ramon M. Casares
07-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Great timing, great pose, great light, great colors and nice species, I wish the bird was flying towards you.
Congratulations.

Daniel Cadieux
07-15-2009, 11:30 AM
OK, this one is creating tension in my mind...the left side of my brain says "no, it is flying away", but the right side is saying "yes I know, but I like it alot!" Well, I gotta go with my feelings - so I like it! :-) Possibly because of the unusual persective you got...you seem to be right above the bird. I also like the two water trails, very cool.

Applying Juan's suggested tweaks would polish this up nicely. I would also prefer to see the face lighter...

Bogdan Panait
07-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Thank you all!

I agree with the noise and color shift, i didn's spent much time with this particular photo, first of all because i'm lazy an second because i had no plans in uploading it on any site. Now I'm awarw of what I did wrong.

Graham Smith: It's a TC AF 2X PRO SP. The water is in vertical lines because , even if the body of the bird is pushed towards, the legs go in horisontal position so the end of the legs (sorry, don't know the name) describe kind of a circle... I guess.
(Sorry about the bolds, I cant disable the option anymore)

A_Maddah: I have a friend in Dubai and he can't access any romanian language site that contains 'foto' in it's title; may be the same problem, my image it's hosted on a site named galeriafoto.com...