PDA

View Full Version : On The Prowl

Todd Frost
02-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Coyote hunting in below 0 temps. Yellowstone back a few years during the film days.
Taken with Canon T90 & Tamron 300 F2.8. Don't remember any specs other than it was no
doubt K64 set to ASA80. Remember ASA instead of ISO:D. I've run noise reduction on the background, going much further and it doesn't look natural.
Thanks for looking, hope you enjoy it, it has always been one of my favorites.
Todd

D. Robert Franz
02-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Great intense hunting look by the coyote.. Implied motion into the frame is very good. Exopsed perfectly. The FG sagebrush is a bit distracting especially the center one because of the dark stems. Overall a strong image.

Robert Amoruso
02-06-2008, 11:04 AM
I have to agree with Robert on this one, a strong image overall. I especially like the look on the coyote. A bit of room to the back of the coyote would help that from feeling cramped. A bit high elevation would have removed the distraction of the bush in the front as well as merging of the dark patch behind him with the head.

DanWalters
02-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Nice shot. I agree about having a little more room in back and a different vantage point to remove the vegetation in front.

Howard Burkert
02-12-2008, 11:06 PM
I like the intense focus of the coyote, and it's winter coat. I agree with the above comments.Always nice to see motion in a image like this.
Best,
Howard