PDA

View Full Version : The Egyptian Vulture

Kiran Poonacha
07-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Made this a Bangalore, Karnataka, India.

My Laptop pack of so did this on my wifes non calibrated laptop, hope its come out ok.

Spec: 1/2000, F 10, -1/3, ISO 400

Canon 40D + 500mm F4.

David Fletcher
07-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Neat portrait Kiran. Looks pretty good to me. Like the head turn and guess the space on top is room for a heading: :)

Kiran Poonacha
07-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Thanks David, do you feel I need to take of the top a bit.

David Fletcher
07-13-2009, 01:46 PM
To be quite honest Kiran, space is a taste thing, just as a tight crop might be. Can easily see how it would need the space, specially if used for a cover, so having that option for an editor will be a life saver. (easy way to pee them off is limit their choices). Looking at it from a crop point of view, I might consider a tiny, tiny bit off the right: (neck/shoulder point), and a tad off the top to push the eye further away from centre, giving it a sense of even more room in front, but it's no bother really as is fine as is.

Axel Hildebrandt
07-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Interesting bird, good details and complementing BG. You handled the harsh light well. I would lighten the eye and if it were mine I would put the bird a tad higher in the frame.

Brian Barcelos
07-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Very nice Kiran, Great exposure and lovely colors. I agree with cutting some of the top off. This is the prettiest Vulture in my opinion. Hope to some day get an opportunity with this species. Congrats.

Brian

Stephen Earle
07-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Very nice Kieran. I like the great feather detail and the comp, to me, is pleasing.

Amy Marques
07-13-2009, 02:54 PM
The light is very nice but the eye seems too contrasty compared to the rest of the image. Maybe some lightening of the eye would improve it. Nice job.

Marina Scarr
07-13-2009, 04:36 PM
You have wonderful detail here despite the harsh light, and your BG is great. I think cropping some off the top would give you an even better photograph. Marina

Kaustubh Deshpande
07-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Kiran...beautiful capture. I also think a little crop off the top will make it better. The feather details are very very good. Getting the right head turn when shooting from behind the bird requires patience. Well done.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Harold Davis
07-13-2009, 05:52 PM
great looking bird, kiran. agree with the others about the light, and only wished that you had panned down to include more of the body and move the bird higher in the frame. nice job handling the light!

Ramon M. Casares
07-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Light seems a tas harsh IMO, but I think you manged it well. Great level of detail, lovely colors, HA, detail and BG. Love this species!
Congratulations!

Stu Bowie
07-13-2009, 11:40 PM
Pin sharp detail Kiran, and I think lightening the eye will improve this even more. Great BG too. Comp wise, I would maybe take a bit off the top.

Kiran Poonacha
07-14-2009, 12:03 AM
Thank you all dear people for your kind words of appreciation and most valuable suggestions. The file is in my wifes LT so will reprocess later and repost as suggested.

Thanks again,

Kiran.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-14-2009, 08:28 AM
Hi Kiran
What a magnificent pose mate. I love the HA and bald head. Light appears a little harsh? I agree about lightening the eye, in fact that is really the only thing I would strongly suggest. :) thanks for sharing