PDA

View Full Version : Logan Pass - Glacier National Park

Lance Warley
07-13-2009, 10:08 AM
5D II + 17-40mm @ F16, 1 second, ISO 100, 3-stop soft grad

Morkel Erasmus
07-13-2009, 01:56 PM
this picture really draws me in. love the soft, lush grass in front with the yellow flowers, the change in growth the trees and the barren mountain at the back with the golden light on it. I would like to see what the composition would look like if you were more to the left.

Roman Kurywczak
07-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Hey Lance,
Sweet light and way to use the split ND effectively. The base feels a bit heavy to me as the rocks aren't balncing the left hand side. I have looked at a few possible crops.....removing rocks entirely to a pano....but my favorite mat be just the bottom most rock cropped and proportionally off the LH side....to take the sunlit peak a tad off center. Nice luxury to have with multiple crops.....and all of them look very good! Let's see if others have a preference.

Jackie Schuknecht
07-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Beautiful scenery Lance and I like all the yellow wildflowers and everything looks sharp front to back. I also love the sweet light reflecting off the mountain. Like the idea of having the mountain just slightly left of center too.

Paul Marcellini
07-14-2009, 08:22 AM
A beautiful scene Lance. I immediately thought of a portrait putting those rocks in more prominance pointing right at the peak, but I seem to always go for portraits. Otherwise, for this maybe an 11x14 crop of the right side. The left is a just a touch empty but I like the layers and interest you have going in the comp. Great light and color combo.

Ramesh Adkoli
07-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Great vista, Lance. The climatic/seasonal contrast with lust green leaves, bright flowers, an expanse of snow, barren mountain range and blue sky is fantastic. I am siding with Roman: option of multiple crops is great. IMHO the best would be the pano crop completely removing the RHS bottom rocks and a 1/5 from LHS: it still retains all that visual impact.

Thanks for sharing.

regards,
ramesh

Katherine Enns
07-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Lance, again a very nice shot in GNPark. The Erythronium lilies are really gorgeous. And that light on the mountain is beautiful too.