PDA

View Full Version : Lifetime Member

Mike Tracy
07-13-2009, 06:59 AM
I notice Jay Gould has the designation of lifetime member. He is the only one I have seen with that title. Did he purchase it or was it bestowed ?

Jay Gould
07-13-2009, 07:54 AM
Hi Mike, very observant! ;) :D

Very simply, I think BPN when it comes to promoting the highest ideals in photographic education is second to none. In visiting the various sites providing Photography Forums I learned that another highly respected forum - NatureScapes - offered in addition to an annual membership, a lifetime membership.

Consistent with my very positive feelings about BPN, its owner/Founders, its Moderators, the BPN Members and Contributors, and yourself since the title "Blue Deuce" is a category I am unfamiliar with :confused: , I privately suggested to the Founders in an email that they ought to create a Lifetime Membership category.

Apparently, after due consideration, the Founders have decided that at sometime in the future they will in fact create such a Lifetime Membership category, and I am advised that it be will reasonably priced.

In response to my indicating to the Founders that I am willing to pay a reasonable price for a BPN Lifetime Membership, and because I trust the Founders implicitly to set a reasonable price that I will without question be happy to pay, they have honored me in advance of setting that price by making me the first "paid" Lifetime Member at this time.

I am sure you are aware that there is another category of Lifetime Member; the most recent person to achieve that accolade is Chris van Rooyen for his Avian Image of the Year 2008.

I do not believe that the Founders, by creating a "paid" Lifetime Membership category, have in any way detracted from those photographers that have gained their lifetime membership through the Avian Image of the Year process.

I hope this explanation satisfies your inquisitiveness; should you have further questions, with all due respect to yourself and the fact that you have been a member since January 2008, I do believe you should contact Management off site rather than a continuing public discussion of their administrative decisions.

Mike Tracy
07-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Jay, thanks for the explanation. Works for me.

James Shadle
07-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Mike,
We are working on a lifetime membership that will be available to everyone.

Jay was the first member to ask about one and asked if he could be the first when it was available.
We gave Jay a head start, now is trusting us to be fair with the price and program;).

I just have to workout how to prorate current membership and offer an "upgrade"

Thanks for asking.

James

Jay Gould
07-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Mike,
We are working on a lifetime membership that will be available to everyone.

Jay was the first member to ask about one and asked if he could be the first when it was available.
We gave Jay a head start, now is trusting us to be fair with the price and program;).

I just have to workout how to prorate current membership and offer an "upgrade"

Thanks for asking.

James

James Mate, Frankly Scarlet! ;), I think you should apply the KISS principle, and not worry about prorating $20. Those of us that want to be lifetime members and continue to support BPN are not concerned about a portion of $20 being prorated; at least I hope not.

:D

Kiran Khanzode
07-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Funny you guys mention this, I was looking at lifetime membership options here..and it seems there's now a $250/25 yr option.

Jay Gould
07-15-2009, 03:43 PM
:D My absolute pleasure; I should only live at least 26 more years so I can tell James that 25 does not equal "lifetime"!!

Thank you Tim Townsend for introducing me to BPN during our cruise; thank you Artie Morris for being so open and giving of your time when you knew nothing about me and responded so thoroughly to my very first email; BPN has opened a Whole New World to me!

I look forward to meeting lots of my BPN brothers and sisters during my travels. :D

James Shadle
07-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Funny you guys mention this, I was looking at lifetime membership options here..and it seems there's now a $250/25 yr option.

The system has a 28 year membership limit.
At the end of 28 years, please remind to renew at no charge:).
James