PDA

View Full Version : BNSF 7227

Kerry Perkins
07-13-2009, 01:19 AM
Burlington Northern Santa Fe 7227 pulls freight up the Tehachapi Loop, headed for Mojave and points south. This is a major rail route and the Tehachipi loop is a rail engineering marvel. In order to allow the trains to climb the steep grade, engineers designed a large loop, where trains pass over themselves, that makes the grade more gradual. There are two major tunnels in the loop, and this train was not only passing over itself in the loop, but it was in both tunnels at the same time. If you investigate "the loop", you will see what I mean. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tehachapi_Loop

Alfred Forns
07-13-2009, 07:25 AM
Heading over to the loop Kerry Construction was even more of a marvel is you take into account the time frame !!! Love the perspective !!!

Gus Cobos
07-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Hi Kerry,
I like the approaching angle of capture and perspective...very nice...:cool:

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Kerry,
Thanks for making me drool over trains. :D
I cannot remember which engine I drive on MS Train Simulator, but it is a BNSF diesel. :)

Stu Bowie
07-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Powerful monsters these diesel engines. I like the colours. I always say a tell tale sign of a heavy haulage, is the number of engines pulling the train.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Powerful monsters these diesel engines. I like the colours. I always say a tell tale sign of a heavy haulage, is the number of engines pulling the train.

I'll look for one of our local coal train images. Or take one for you. Usually headed by four 48-class diesels, the biggest out there in NSW. They gotta pull 45-46 coal hoppers over the Blue Mountains. They roar like you won't believe! :)