PDA

View Full Version : Motif: The Rorschach Inkblot Test #1

Lana Hays
07-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks to some help from Dave since I was a "flipping moron" I finally figured out how to do this. I played with various images and although the images were flipped they weren't very interesting. Then I thought about the Harlequin duck......bingo!!! I experimented with different crops and actually came up with several interesting crops to work with. On this image I used the spherize filter before flipping. Depending on when and how long I look at it, I can conjure up all sorts of things. I'll have a different version in another day or so.

Lana Hays
07-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Here's the original image that I used to make selections from.

Jackie Schuknecht
07-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Funny Lana, looks like a wide eyed gnu to me!

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Hi Lana

I would have had NO clue from the thumbnail. It looks so good full size though. I love the colors. The original looks as if it were painted. What a stunning bird. Great FLIP. Hey, I am flipper "moron" myself. Still learning and we will rock by the end of this week hey? ;)

denise ippolito
07-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Lana, What an interesting image you ended up with. I love it !! The BG color is very complimentary and the base image is great! Well done!!

Indranil Sircar
07-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Lana, I love this. It can be an African mask. Excellent choice and visualization.

Fabs Forns
07-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Clever, Lana, I think it's part of a Totem :)

Dave Phillips
07-12-2009, 10:49 PM
very nice flip Lana......might give a bit of room in the frame.
Original is very nice too.....rich cololrs

Jay Gould
07-13-2009, 12:14 AM
Lana, I will play safe and say that the first thing that came to mind was an African Zulu Mask. That description will keep me out of trouble. Did I say I liked it; you bet I do!! Congrats on a unique creation!!