A_Maddah
07-12-2009, 02:54 PM
http://upload.iranblog.com/6/1247478131.jpg

Hi all
Thanks for looking and Comments and critique appreciated

Asad

Fabs Forns
07-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Hi Asad, very nice rural scene with good skies.
I could benefit from more sharpening, the trees look a bit soft, and if you ise the Burn Tool on the top of the storm clouds, they would become more even, getting rid of the highlights on upper left. Cropping half an inch is another option.
Please include your camera settings so we can evaluate better and others can learn :)

A_Maddah
07-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi Fabs
frist, I sorry for forget settings camera.
I agree with you but this image is small size.in the large size Details and sharpness Is very good .
Large size
http://upload.iranblog.com/6/1247473382.jpg

nikon D80 -nikor 18-135@18mm-1/250Sec-f/8 -Iso 200
thank you

Asad

Robert Amoruso
07-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Agree Asad, the large size looks good. I would suggest that moving forward here and getting the road out of the image would have strengthened the image.

I like the diagonals formed in the landscape of the opposing ridges leading to the notch. The notch travels through the image in a diagonal and provides a leading line imparting depth and guiding the viewer through the image.

Jay Gould
07-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Disagreements make horse races!

I would leave the road; it is part of the communication of where you are. I would crop from the top 1/2 of the dark clouds down to the light clouds.

Are the greens really that rich green, or are the a bit saturated in PP?

Heck, I like the image so much I decided to play with cropping in LR as I wanted to see it with some of the right side removed too to remove the brown areas.

Hope you don't mind, Asad.

Interesting that the greens have changed simply by downloading, cropping in LR, and uploading from CS4.

JB Ellis
07-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Love the image and the re post is best for me. I would like it better without the road. If you could tell clearly where it was heading then it would contribute to the story. Such as seeing it winding down the valley, then it would be an asset. Thanks for posting because it adds much to my understanding of how the country looks.

A_Maddah
07-13-2009, 08:40 AM
Hi all
Thank you Jay for this new edit.very nice.
in your edit greens are live .greens was lived in my file (oreginal shot)But I dnt know ,why colors are dead on my image after send .
Jay .your crop is the better of my crop.
with best wishes

Asad
<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMaddah%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmso html1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:right; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; direction:rtl; unicode-bidi:embed; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

<o>
</o>

Roman Kurywczak
07-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Hi Asad,
Jay's re-post adresses what I had in mind and you have already been given some excellent field advice above. When photographing landscapes.....always ask yourself the question; does the element add to the scene? if it does, include it, if it doesn't.....eliminate it by moving or re-composing. Not always easy.....but a good thought to keep in mind.

Jay Gould
07-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Addressing the road, because there are no buildings like in Asad's previous landscape, without the road this scene can be "anywhere" in the middle of "nowhere". The road, for me, brings the scene into Civilization.

Can one of the colorspace experts address the change in the color of the greens between my post and Asad's post? To open the topic with some "guessing" questions because I really have no idea - I can just see the difference - Asad, what programs did you use to process your image and perhaps some information about your workflow.

Are we seeing the difference between a wider and narrower colorspace?

When I edit in CS4 I am using ProPhoto RGB; of course when I convert to jpeg it is sRGB for the web.

Does that help any?

Morkel Erasmus
07-14-2009, 11:59 AM
can't believe it's this green in Iran. lovely peaceful shot. the mist adds a lot of mood. I agree on cropping out the road.

A_Maddah
07-15-2009, 05:09 AM
Hi all
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMaddah%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmso html1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:right; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; direction:rtl; unicode-bidi:embed; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->Thanks for the comments and suggestions.
Mr.Roman and Mr Jay .I Agree with you.
I use Lightroom and CS4.
Thanks morkel

Asad

Gyorgy Szimuly
07-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Very cool image. Awesome scenery and a dramatic effect by the clouds.
How much saturation was used? Looks to be too vivid under those conditions.

Szimi