PDA

View Full Version : Theme: PK Blurred

Kerry Perkins
07-11-2009, 03:29 PM
This was an in-camera zoom blur of PK licking her paw that I cropped for composition, applied a Topaz Adjust layer, sharpened just the central area of interest and made a little border. :D Used my 50D with a 70-200mm f/2.8, f/11@1/10 sec. As you can see, I got some lateral blur in with the zoom blur, as I didn't use the tripod on this one.

denise ippolito
07-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Kerry, The fact that this was done in-camera makes it even more appealing!! Love the colors and the blur looks great especially by her ear.

Dave Phillips
07-11-2009, 08:25 PM
nice job Kerry....very well done "in camera"

Kerry, The fact that this was done in-camera makes it even more appealing!!............
Why should it be more appealing than one done out of camera?
A good original and out of camera process can be equally appealing IMO

denise ippolito
07-11-2009, 09:15 PM
nice job Kerry....very well done "in camera"

Why should it be more appealing than one done out of camera?
A good original and out of camera process can be equally appealing IMO

Dave, Good point-I guess what I meant to say is they are sometimes harder to control. An in-camera or Post process blur really can have equal appeal, not that post processed are easier because they are not. It takes alot of work and skill to produce an appealing blur image in-camera or post process!! So I mis-spoke sorry!!:)

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Fabulous work Kerry! I am all shaken. So good OOC. I have tried for about an hour this tele zoom and I tell ya, I suck big time. :( You rock buddy. :)

Cheryl Slechta
07-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Kerry, great job! It's hard enough to get a decent zoom on a tripod. I don't have enough hands or wits
about me to accomplish it without one:D PK looks like a neat cat!