PDA

View Full Version : Glowing Orchid

Harold Davis
07-11-2009, 01:26 PM
you guys have to forgive me for being in my own little world and not doing the blurs. too hot to go outside after working in it all week!!! believe it or not this is neon glow in CS3. along with one of the topaz simplify treatments. worked on several versions and settled on this one.

thanks for looking. comments and critiques appreciated.

btw, not sure the title is exactly accurate, but it sounded better than the sad and lonely orchid.:)

denise ippolito
07-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Harold, I really love the tone on tone work here and I will have to try this one myself!! This is very appealing to me. I keep wanting the flower over to the right a bit more but I gotta say Harold very impressive!!!:)

Harold Davis
07-11-2009, 01:45 PM
I keep wanting the flower over to the right a bit more

totally agree!!! that was an in camera composition mess up. as is, there is just a small crop off the right side. in order to get what we wanted, i would have needed to change perspective, which i dont think i could do with Ps.

thanks for the comment.

denise ippolito
07-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Harold, I'm on my laptop so it's hard to say-but I just looked at the thumbnail and it's fine-really!!

Kerry Perkins
07-11-2009, 04:17 PM
This is mighty nice sir! I really love the colors and the effect seems so subtle. Has a lovely painterly look to it. Well done indeed!

Dave Phillips
07-11-2009, 08:27 PM
impressive Harold....there are many good comp possibilites and some would use a bit of rotation off the 45º
as presented. Awesome tone work

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Great work Harold. This looks so ethereal, if that is the right word me little migrant should be using. :) I mean ghostly! Ghostly,. Very cool stuff Sir.

Cheryl Slechta
07-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Harold, this is a really, really nice piece of work! I love the subtlety of the shading. (It's a new species of ghost orchid;))