PDA

View Full Version : Leave me alone!!!

Javier Martin
07-11-2009, 12:05 PM
This gannet would not release the wing of the new arrival in a fighting/loving? attitude.

Coast of Ireland. Spring 2009.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3517/3709654159_4d5e71f553_o.jpg

Ramon M. Casares
07-11-2009, 12:08 PM
If you could remove the clipped Gannet in the right and crop a tad from the top the scene would gain a lot IMO.
Still, great natural moment, lovely pose, light, detail, colors, BG and colors. Congratulations!

Axel Hildebrandt
07-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Great light, angle and interaction. Makes you wonder what is going on there. Maybe the bird on the left doesn't want to sit on the nest. :) I agree regarding removing the clipped bird on the right if this is something you do. Keep them coming!

Morkel Erasmus
07-11-2009, 04:23 PM
great moment! alternate title could be:
"aw, c'mon dude, I'm just pulling your wing!" ;)

Gal Shon
07-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Wonderful behavior shot,
If only the clipped bird on the right wasn't there...

Desmond Chan
07-11-2009, 05:43 PM
If you could remove the gannet on the right as others have suggested, and if you're still willing to consider composition alternatives, I would say cropping the bottom a bit. The top part of the photo is simpler than the bottom part. To help viewers focus on the birds, which already do not take up a lot space in the photo as presented to begin with, it would be better to let them have a simple background rather than a busy one, unless, of course, you want to showcase the rocks.

Or, simply try a pano crop :)

My $0.02.

Lana Hays
07-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Javier
I love this one......"tugs at your heart.....I mean wing". Great action. Several have mentioned cropping the tail of the other bird. I did a quick clone (and it could certainly be better) just to see what it would be like. Cloning is an individual preference so I'm just showing what it would look like....not necessarily suggesting it needs to be done. This is a wonderful behavioral image.

Javier Martin
07-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Thank you Lana (and the rest for your comments), that looks much better. I am not very keen (or expert) of cloning but this one certainly gains a lot.

Javier