PDA

View Full Version : Flowering Bush

Jackie Schuknecht
07-11-2009, 10:21 AM
This was some type of flowering bush, not sure what it is. I originally posted in ETL, but was looking for some additional critiques. Full frame. Cloned out a few small distracting spots on the edge of the frame.
40D
1/250 s
400 ISO
Tripod
Self-timer
Evaluative
AV Mode
- 2/3
Thanks for looking.

Julie Kenward
07-11-2009, 03:23 PM
It's always more difficult to get a good image when it's as busy as this but I really think you did a fine job. The only thing I might suggest for improvement would be to stand on the right side of the main blossom and let it cross the frame towards you so it takes up more of the focal space within the frame.

You certainly got lovely colors and a soft, dreamy feel to this one, Jackie.

Thomas Herou
07-11-2009, 04:24 PM
I like the softness and colours,but I would prefer a greater DOF to include some more flowers.

Don Lacy
07-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi Jackie, I like what your doing here and the concept of this image, but for me I think the image would be stronger in a vertical comp loosing most of the right side of the frame. I think this would make your subject more prominent in the frame.

Jackie Schuknecht
07-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Thanks for taking the comment, it all helps!

Anita Bower
07-13-2009, 12:25 PM
I like the softness of the image, the subtle colors and the shallow dof. The very light colors on the right side pull my eye away from the main subject. Maybe if there were a little darker?