PDA

View Full Version : Do As I Do

Joe Senzatimore
07-11-2009, 06:56 AM
The parent seemed to be teaching the chick to "chatter" when another bird came too close to them. Still trying to "tame " the very directional morning light. Fill flash seems to help a bit. No matter , it's still fun to watch the interaction of the parents and chicks.
400ISO f8 at 1/1250th
Fill on auto
Inc. Light reading

Kobus Tollig
07-11-2009, 07:07 AM
REally sweet image. Like the environment included. I would just add some contrast. Well done on this

Dave Leroy
07-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Tough shot with the light where it is and understandable looking at the vegatation. I like the similiar pose between the adult and chick. Very nice. Dave

David Fletcher
07-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Nice pose and comp. Guess they are getting quite hot there.

denise ippolito
07-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Joe, Really nice image w/ the chicks head coming out for a peek! Agree w difficult shooting conditions. I think you did well considering! Nice moment captured and thanks for sharing!!

Ramon M. Casares
07-11-2009, 12:05 PM
This would be my PP option, I have toned down the whites, increased contrast on the chick, I have increased also a bit the color temperature.
Nice family portrait thoug.
Congratulations!

Axel Hildebrandt
07-11-2009, 12:47 PM
I like the angle, poses and the chick under the wing. Ramon's repost helps with the whites and contrast. Since the tail seems almost clipped, I was wondering if it would work as vertical crop, too.

Joe Senzatimore
07-11-2009, 02:49 PM
This would be my PP option, I have toned down the whites, increased contrast on the chick, I have increased also a bit the color temperature.
Nice family portrait thoug.
Congratulations!

Great suggestions. Thanks a bunch. Does look better.