PDA

View Full Version : THEME: BLUR - train wheel

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-11-2009, 04:46 AM
Not much really, had no time to do anymore blurry stuff so this image is more for the spirit of keeping up with my enthusiastic participation, as I nearly deleted it as is.

I will have a few hours Sunday morning to try some zoom blurs finally. YAY!

I HH the 30D with 24-85mm lens at 85mm and used a slow SS to blur the wheels, more unintentionally then deliberately at the time. then added a very little radial blur to the bottom of both wheels now that I realized I could perhaps use this pathetic excuse of a blurred image. :o

denise ippolito
07-11-2009, 06:35 AM
Akos, I love the idea of a train wheel blur and have actually gone out to get a few. Mine however are not quite as good as yours is so I couldn't help but play. I don't have much time as I'm on my way to work:) I thought that taking off the top brought your eye down toward the wheel more. After seeing it posted I think I took too much off the top-sorry!!

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-11-2009, 07:17 AM
I don't think you took off that much at all. I love it in fact. Thanks for your feedback. I do appreciate it! :)

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-11-2009, 07:32 AM
Rotated, cropped (too much?) and added motion blur. Then erased. Converted to B&W.

denise ippolito
07-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Akos, I love the B&W !! But I kinda like the rail inc. it gives it some perspective. IMHO

Dave Phillips
07-11-2009, 07:55 AM
edit: missed seeing the b&w......nice blur effect

nice......I see only ugly dirty freight trains around here.
You have an excellent idea, but like Denise's repost.....maybe a bit more motion/blur
would be very effective. LOL, I played a step further with original and tried a selective
radial blur on just main wheel and sharpened the rest a bit. Just more to play:)

denise ippolito
07-11-2009, 07:58 AM
Dave, That looks great!!!

Jackie Schuknecht
07-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Interesting idea Akos, I really like the repost by Dave.

Roman Kurywczak
07-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Hey Akos,
Dave nailed it in the re-post. I may take a hair more off top....to remove silver....but since it's OOTB.....just clone/patch it out!

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-11-2009, 04:30 PM
I regretted taking out the rail. Thanks folks for looking and the tips. Dave your repost rocks. :)